Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 24: Inspired by a Book (Morningstar Sega)

IT'S DECEMBER!! My favourite month of the year. :D :D I just love this time of the year. It's so festive, fun and that sort of holiday cheer is pretty contagious so I find a lot of people tend to be in a good mood. I'm very thankful to have my husband home again for the holidays this year. :) I love everything about this time of the year; the decorations, eggnog, gift shopping and giving, holiday parties, bundling up (well, somewhat, this is Southern California), Christmas trees and even Christmas music! I'm listening to some right now, hehe.

Look back at November outfits.  Obviously November was mostly about nails because of the 31 Day Challenge (almost done!) but I did still get some outfit pictures! I'm hoping to get more this month.


31 Day Nail Challenge

So I did this manicure that I absolutely LOVED but somehow forgot to take outdoor pictures later on, before I took it off. I was so bummed when I realized my mistake!! So all I have are these few indoor, crappy lighting shots.  I really do love this  manicure though. I wasn't sure it'd turn out because I'd never done skulls in that style!  I really love zombie stuff and own a ton of zombie books so I knew that'd be my inspiration. I used these two Z. A. Recht books (his third one comes out in May, woo!) which are part of a series. 

I free handed the designs and was SO happy with them! Especially the green skull. The extra "white line" on my thumb is just glare haha I didn't mess up the design that bad.  For the "blood" I used the straw method.



I can't really do a tutorial for this but the trick to the pinky and middle finger is layering. I started with the black base coat, painting the entire nail. Then I used a striper brush and the green (or yellow) and applied it in small strokes, leaves it thinner in some areas. Then I went back over with the black which is really where I was able to get it more detailed. :)  For the blood splatter, there is a tutorial here.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, obviously your most used accesory is the dog leash. :)

    Love the nails, especially the blood splattered ones! How did you do the green zombie one though? I think I could make the others, but the 'texture' of the zombie is definitely throwing me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of lovely layering. But I must admit that the apron is the best.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...