Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's December!

A lil bit of everything today. I know I missed Friday Foodie this week so I will get that up tomorrow!

This has been my go to hair style for holiday parties. I just curl it, do a low side bun using spiral pins and then pin back random pieces. This time I braided part of the back as well.


 Played around with my eyeshadow. I used the Urban Decay vegan palette which I cannot rave about enough. The colours are soo soft and pigmented.  They are the best I've ever used.  I started with a gold base, added a dark charcoal blue to the outer corners and then a green in the crease.  I also used the 24/7 eye liner in black for my waterline and then elf cream eyeliner in brown on my upper lash line.


I have a new favourite concealer. I got it from Birchbox using some points. It's Mineralogie Cream Concealer. I emailed the company to check if it was vegan and they told me it was. All their products are except some lip ones which contain beeswax. It's a cream concealer and quite thick but it blends soo nicely, gives great coverage, lasts and is very "soft" and smooth. I really love it! I just use it under my eyes, sides of nose, chin and any red spots because I don't get many zits/pimples anymore. I can wear just that or add something on top. For this look I used Mary Kay mineral foundation and then a Milani blush for a more made up look.



 I freakin' love this sweater. I got it on sale at Old Navy. I bought it in size large for a really baggy fit. I tried it on in small and medium as well and liked how the small gave it a more cropped look. I have been tempted to get it in another colour! I only have these two pictures but will get more next time I wear this sweater which I am sure to do this month.

The jeans are new. I'd been wanting a new pair are all a size too big on me now. I wanted skinny jeans in a dark wash. I know everyone has a problem finding jeans that fit just right. Mine is that they tend to fall down... I think I tend to buy them too big. Also, the crotch tends to hang too low on me. Well, I tried on this pair at Target and LOVED them!! They have a black wash too that I am tempted to get. Yeah, I like to buy multiples... These fit great and are very comfortable. Plus they were on sale for $15!

This is before I did my hair/makeup!

 (jeans Target, boots & sweater Old Navy, necklace Forever 21/gift)

 I took a break from the 31 Day Challenge to do some Christmas nails! I went to a Christmas party last night. The red is OPI "Ruby for Rudolph" which is a great red shimmer. I then did a gradient by adding China Glaze "Ring in the Red" which is a red glitter. Both are so very pretty. My ring finger is China Glaze "Holly-day" with two coats of a snowman polish which is red and green.  Love! I am going to incorporate Christmas colours into the rest of the challenge, most likely.




1 comments:

  1. I like this post - a little bit of everything.
    You ringlets look beautiful. And what cute nails. They are so festive.
    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...