Monday, October 1, 2012

Vegan MoFo: PB Banana Shake


It's Vegan MoFo time again!! Which also celebrates me being vegan for one year hehe I became vegan just before October of last year, vowing to stick to it at least for October and go from there. Obviously I chose to stuck with it! Haven't had any regrets whatsoever.

So I have a theme for Vegan MoFo this year which is "crazy sexy lifestyle". Basically, I will be sharing recipes (way more than usual), information, tips etc that follow Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet way of eating but in a way that is comfortable to me. Basically, this is a lifestyle way of eating not a short term diet, which is different for everyone!

So will be adhering to the following guidelines in the recipes I post:
- gluten free or with a gluten free option
- vegan obviously!
- very limited sugar, preferably agave nectar
- 80% alkaline 20% acidic, give or take
- some "vegan alternatives" such as faux meats/cheeses + tofu
- little to no processed food (besides what I mentioned above)

Crazy Sexy Diet is also no caffeine or alcohol but in my "crazy sexy lifestyle", I will have some. So, I will share some recipes that include these things!

I'll have a minimum of 20 vegan food posts on the blog this month but perhaps more! That includes my usual "Friday Foodie" posts.

If there are any recipes you'd like to see or if you have questions you want answered in a post, please post them in the comments!

Now let's kick off Vegan MoFo 2012 with a simple, heathy and definitely delicious shake! Yep, shakes can be healthy.


PB Banana Shake

 
Ingredients:
1 1/2 frozen bananas sliced (slice prior to freezing, you'll thank me later)
1 tbsp natural peanut butter (or other nut butter if you prefer)
at least 1 cup non dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond)
1 tsp chopped peanuts (optional)

You can also add greens like spinach and kale to make this even healthier! It'll turn your shake green but it won't alter the taste.
*
Add all of the ingredients except the chopped peanuts to your blender. Blend until completely smooth. If you want it less thick, just add more milk. Top with the peanuts, if you'd like that. That's it! So easy but oh man, it's so delicious. It really tastes like an indulgence but one you can have guilt free.



Check out the other MoFo'ers here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...