Saturday, December 22, 2012

Out of State Food

Been eating some delicious food lately! We're on vacation but I've been trying some great vegan spots! Even while on the road we got to enjoy delicious food.

Breakfast I made at home inspired by the one I had at Ma Mosa's. Oatmeal with cinnamon and oranges.  Oh and peppermint tea.

Amy's Split Pea Soup and toast. I rarely eat canned soup but they are handy in a pinch so I brought some to our inlaws place for easy lunches. I really do like the vegan Amy's ones.

Oatmeal with raisins and goji berries I brought from home plus some fruit.

You can't not have Starbucks while in WA. Plus it's a great way to warm up at the dog park! This is a soy gingerbread latte, very delicious! Tastes like molasses. 

This is the breakfast I had at Ma Mosa's in Grant's Pass on our drive up here. It's rice cooked in coconut milk and spices, topped with orange and granola. It was very delicious. I like any sort of hot "cereal".

This is the most expensive vegan meal I've had but it was tasty, especially the rice. This was in a small town I forget the name of but the restaurant is called Farwood Bar & Grill. I found it on Yelp so we stopped there for dinner.  They had a whole vegan menu so that was cool. This is supposed to be like a steak but it's actually a portabello mushroom.

This was our appetizer. Garlic potato and sweet potato fries. They were soooo good! Service was really really great at this place too.

We stayed at Thunderbird Lodge in Redding, CA on our way up. It had a free breakfast but as you can see it was pretty lame haha This was all I could eat. The banana wasn't fully ripe and the bread was icky.  Which is why we later stopped at Ma Mosa's for brunch. They also has some pastries and cereal but yeah.

One of our snacks on the road. They taste like pizza.

At another restaurant in some small town. We were starving so we made do. I had a veggie sandwich which was rather plain but it tasted fresh; I enjoyed it.

The rest are from before our trip.

 Fresh juice to use up some produce before leaving.

Leftover yellow curry. Funny story. This place has a scale of 1-10 for how spicy you want it and I normally get a 2 or 3 because I'm a wimp. Well, last night a friend took my husband and I to a Thai restaurant and I ordered yellow curry at a level 3.... little did I know their scale only goes from 1-4!! hahaha I survived though. The rice is always served separately so I was able to just add small amounts. It was really tasty.

Whole wheat pancakes and tea.

Mini veggie pizza without cheese at BJ's. I'm obsessed with the pizza crust. It's so thick and delicious!
 

1 comments:

  1. Greetings from California! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
    I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just
    3G .. Anyhow, good site!
    Look at my web blog ; Rob

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...