Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oops


Oh my goodness. I was messing around with my blog template yesterday and lost ALL of my blog links!! I added back the ones I had bookmarked but that doesn't include any from the past 4 or so months. I know I should use Bloglovin' or something but I am so used to using my actual list on here that it's just what I'm comfortable with.  So, if you don't see your blog on my list and want me to check it out, please leave a comment!  Oh and I'm still messing around with the layout so bare with me. 

It was sort of warm enough this past weekend for bare legs. I think I ended up putting on pants later though.


 Speaking of bare legs, my skin is looking a bit pale. I tried out a DIY trick I found on Pinterest where you use black tea to give yourself a tan... and it actually worked! It basically stains your skin, temporarily, like a tanning lotion does. I had to do a few layers to see results but I'm pretty impressed. What a cheap, natural way to get some colour. Not sure it'd work if your skin is already a lot darker than mine.  Also, for the recipe, it makes a lot. I didn't properly store it so it went bad quickly. I think next time I will make less and also make sure to store it in the fridge, sealed. Oh and I used the spray bottle method, not the sponge. I've heard you can also bathe in black tea for a tan.

 Not the best picture but you can see the difference. This is just two coats. I did it again the following day and got a bit darker. It has also lasted through a couple showers so far.

I also tried the lotion trick in that link but I don't recommend it. It did give me some colour but application was tricky. You have to rub it in fast before it dries but the once it's dry, I found it would kinda crumble off if you rubbed your skin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...