Friday, May 31, 2013

Balance


 Groceries:
Farmer's Market purchases. Remind me to not bother with the small container of that hummus again, it was gone so fast! The kale is the best I've had! It was HUGE. I haven't the basil yet, oops. Stone fruit, always delicious.

I did a 3 day juice cleanse this week so I bought tons of produce!
And a few extras like chocolate beer, Veganaise, kombucha, cookies, gluten free bread and pita bread.

Breakfast:
Babara's cereal with homemade almond milk, nectarine and goji berries
Homemade granola with goji berries, homemade almond milk and raisins
Gluten free crepes stuffed with coconut flakes, stone fruit and applesauce. I made the berry sauce on top using frozen blackberries and raspberries. Delicious!

Lunch/Snacks:
Native Foods nachos, one of my favourites. We actually took a guy friend of ours who is very picky (generally doesn't like vegetables) and a total meat eater. He got a faux chicken burger and loved it! My husband and I were so happy haha
I grilled up these hot dogs for my husband and I and oh man, they were good. You can't even really see the hot dog in there haha And yes, that's a hoagie bun. I treat myself to them a few times a year so I can make giant sandwiches hehe

You have to make this!  1-2 frozen bananas, 1/2 cup ice, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1 leaf kale, 1 scoop VegaOne chocolate protein powder. I also had some frozen chocolate smoothie cubes from a leftover smoothie so I threw in some of those. Then I added as much almond milk as I needed.
Snack today. I'm re-reading this book before I see the movie :)
I made this delicious margarita using frozen watermelon, lime juice, Stevia and ice!

Dinner:
GF pasta and asparagus.
"Chicken" burger and sweet potato tots.
So besides the fact that I burned the shit out of this bun (no clue how haha), this was pretty bomb. Totally indulgent.

Dessert:
I made these black bean protein bars and ooh it's good! It's not very sweet and I used less chocolate chips than called for but it was so good topped with peanut butter or yogurt or apple sauce. I think next time I will try making an avocado frosting! I definitely recommend trying this recipe.

Juice cleanse:


 Some of my juices. They were all really delicious. You can find the recipes in my Facebook Juice Cleanse group.


Here's an overview of the second phase of Muffin Topless Summer Challenge. You can see week one here. It was pretty similar but a few different moves.
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: BodyCombat class + Abs
Wednesday: Yoga + Back
Thursday: Shoulders + Cardio
Friday: Arms + Yoga (I think I started doing yoga this day too after a week)
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Rest



 And this girl, chlooooejade, on Instagram is super motivating for me because I'd love for my body to look like hers!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...