Saturday, November 6, 2010

30 for 30

I'm starting this 30 for 30 challenge on Sunday.  I signed up on kendi's website Kendi Every day (http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/2010/11/announcing.html)  I'll share the official link button once I get it.  She's a favourite fashion blogger of mine! 

Basically, you pick out 30 things from your wardrobe. You can ONLY choose outfits from those 30 items for the next 30 days.


*I chose 2 jeans, 3 pants, 1 leggings, 3 shorts,4  skirts, 4 sweaters, 8 tops and 3 dresses!  I didn't include jackets since they don't get worn much here, figured they're more of an accessory.  Shoes, hats, scarves, jewelry, belts etc are also accessories...  I've never been a big accessory person so this challenge will help me to incorporate them in new ways for sure!  It doesn't look like much on the rack, does it? Normally, that rack has more stuff on it PLUS I have a full dresser... I'm already realizing I own more clothes than I thought!  I tried to go for a lot of variation and things that can mix and match well along with a few items that could stand to get more wear.

The idea is that this gets you to come up with new creative ways to wear things you already own which means... no shopping!  Yeah, you aren't supposed to buy any new wardrobe items.  I decided accessories don't count LOL but I will buy those vary sparingly.  It's good timing with Christmas coming (only 3 paycheques between now and then, crazy!) because I want to focus on shopping for others. I'm good about not shopping for myself in December so this'll help me through November, haha. 





* there are only 28 items hanging there. I ordered a FREE American Apparel dress through Rue La La today which is supposed to arrive late next week... so I figured I'll add it in then. It's a bright red mini shift dress.  Then I have one extra spot because my sister visits next week and I may allow myself to shop for one more thing then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...