Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 18: Half Moon Manicure

31 Day Nail Challenge

I love half moon manicures! They're easy to do, create a big impact and have endless options. I wanted to try something I hadn't seen before plus I've been dying to use Nubar 2010. I'd been wanting it since I first got really into nail polish back in February and just recently finally bought it for around $7 on Ebay. My most expensive polish to date!  It's so worth it.

I started with two coats of Julep "Sienna". I've been wearing it a fair bit; it's great. It's a very light gold that looks a bit silver. It kind of looks like a silver foil with gold on top. It's really pretty and SO shiny... almost like foil nail decals. Almost. 


Then I did one thick coat of Ulta "Green With Envy". It's a very very dark green with gorgeous emerald shimmer. The sun wasn't out so it was hard to get a good shot of the shimmer so I didn't bother with pictures until I added a topcoat of Nubar 2010.  LOVE THIS.


I do have some similar polishes in Kleancolor "Chunky Holo Bluebell" and Kleancolor "Chunky Black Holo". They have flakies of the same colour but the shape is different plus they don't have a clear base like "2010" does.   Here's a comparison:

"Chunky Holo Bluebell"  dense duochrome glitter of all the same size
"Chunky Black Holo" duchrome flakies and hexagons of various sizes
"2010" duochrome flakies

I personally think they are all unique enough that I'm happy to own all three! It would  be nice if the duochrome colours varied (that's why Cult "Unicorn Puke" is so special, right?) Pictured above they are all over clear and black.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...