Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 21: Inspired by a Colour (Alligator Purse)

How was everyones Thanksgiving? Good, I hope! Mine was really nice. I cooked for soo long! 3 hours one day and 5 another.  I made lots of yummy food for my husband and 4 other Marines on Thursday; it was all vegan except the gravy and turkey which I didn't eat.  Then on Saturday my husband and I went to the house of a couple we are good friends with for another Thanksgiving dinner! My friend and I made all vegan items except, again, the turkey and gravy. It was yum!

I wrote out a menu so everyone knew what they were eating, hehe.

I packed up the leftovers Thursday night for the guys to bring back to some Marines who didn't get to have a Thanksgiving dinner. The stuffing was THE BEST. I wish I had a better picture of it. I used this recipe and Tofurkey sausage.

I made pumpkin pie and apple pie, both vegan. I was afraid they wouldn't turn out but they were delicious! I wouldn't use the apple recipe again, too much nutmeg but I'd definitely make the pumpkin again, just with less sugar. I thought the crust seemed dry when I made it but ended up tasting great! Both were tastier after a few days so it's best to make them ahead of time.  On top I had coconut whipped cream, it just didn't get very thick haha

I made a simple centerpiece using cranberries and a candle in a glass vase/bowl. For appetizers I made these almonds which were a HUGE hit as well as my stand by garlic hummus with pita bread. The pita bread wasn't homemade.

I also made stuffed mushrooms. I liked this recipe because it's SO healthy... no cheese whatsoever! Normally I make them with cream cheese.

The green bean casserole was pretty good. I normally avoid it because people use canned beans which I don't like but I used all fresh ingredients besides the crispy onions. My friend made the green bean casserole from Peas and Thank You cook book on Saturday and I liked that one even more!


 
I made homemade cranberry sauce for the first time and will never go back to canned! It was SO easy and delicious.

Also, not pictured is this salad. SO yummy. Definitely making it again. I used walnuts instead of pecans just to save some money.



Here I am, pre-5 hours of cooking. hehe I LOVE my apron. It's a Flirty Apron that I got on sale for only $15 a while back.  I didn't get a good outfit pic and basically wore the same thing Saturday but I tucked in the sweater and wore a collared tank under it.

31 Day Nail Challenge

I was inspired by Essie "Alligator Purse" to do a Thanksgiving manicure. I used this tutorial to do the adorable turkeys!! Looove them. It was easy to do too. Unfortunately, the Essie wore horribly! It would not stop denting and smudging. I have no idea why. Julep "Pippa" wore great.


Here you can see it all jacked up! Ugh! I even applied a fresh coat + top coat but it did the same thing.

I figured out a new way to wear my hair and really liked it! I curled it all and then did a low side bun with a side part and my bangs pinned back. Very simple, I know, but for some reason I just figured how to make it work for me. haha


2 comments:

  1. Wow. You certainly worked really hard for Thanksgiving. The nails and the hair look fabulous though. How do you manage to look so good after working so hard?

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm strange that the essie smudged so easily! it's always my go to brand, and I love the colour you chose for thanksgiving :)

    no link to the stuffed mushrooms! point me in the right direction! I love the fact that its cheeseless!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...