Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Rambling

It's almost Christmas!!! My husband graduates SOI (School of Infantry in the Marine Corps) tomorrow. He has been in the USMC for almost 4 years already, he just lat-moving aka switching specialties; thought I'd clear that up for anyone who was confused. I'm excited! He has been wanting this for a long time. Then he has 4 days off, "works" two (not really because he is inbetween specialties but has to still show up) and is off for another 4 before he goes on leave aka vacation until January 16th!! I'm excited to see a lot of him. For the past three months has only been home Fri night until Sunday morning or early afternoon.  Not bad in comparison to a deployment but still, it's hard to cram all you want to say/do with your spouse into less than two days each week haha

We're actually just spending Christmas here at home, just us and our pets. We've never done that before. The years that we've spent it together (when he wasn't deployed or away for school) have all been at his parents house in WA.  I think it'll be nice though, just doing our own thing. I'm going to make eggnog pancakes for breakfast (well, I'm going to attempt to!) and lots stuff for dinner. We are filling up each others stockings and bought a few gifts plus my parents sent us some. 

Then around New Years, we're driving up to WA State to spend time with my inlaws. Always a nice trip! The drive is long but we bring our dog so it's cheaper than flying. It'll be nice to see family! It's generally a very laid back trip with lots of trips to the dog park. Our wedding anniversary is New Years Eve so I'm not sure what we're doing for that... we may be on the road! 

Then January 8th, right after we get home (probably on the 7th), my family is visiting!! It'll be the first time we have all been together in a few years because I haven't seen one of my sisters (I have two) in that long. It'll be my parents, both sisters, one sister's boyfriend, my husband and myself! My parents have rented a beach house in Mission Bay and even a mini van for us to all ride in, haha. I'm beyond excited to spend time with them all! 

Okay, I never write that much here. Weird.

Here is what I wore last Saturday.

 (necklace Target, shoes Payless, skirt Victoria's Secret, dress worn as top H&M, belt Old Navy I think, hat Forever 21)

 Christmas nails! I started with a few coats of China Glaze "Ring in the Red" which is a glitter jelly, very sparkly and pretty. Then I added a snowman polish and China Glaze "Tinsel Town" to to the ends.


 And my cute pets enjoying their new bed! Yeah, they both use/share/love it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...