Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post-Christmas and Holo Elle's Spell

I got the idea for this manicure from here but I layered differently. I did one coat of Barielle "Elle's Spell", one coat of a scattered holo franken (just clear polish + holo glitter) and then another coat of "Elle's Spell". It's holo in the sun but otherwise the glitter looks pink! Ugh, it's so awesome. There is so much depth to this manicure; I love it.
 sun
 indoors

 I did get really bad tip wear though! If I do this look again, I will start with a base of nude or red and wrap my tips then continue with the other polishes.

(skirt Victoria's Secret, scarf Burlington Coat Factory, tights Target/gift, shoes Payless Shoe Source, top Old Navy)

My husband bought me these tights for Christmas with no guidance from me other than "I want new tights" and guess what? They are reversible! So cool. One side is just darker than the other. The scarf was a gift from myself, haha.

Oh and on Boxing Day (or just December 26th here in the States, I guess), I bought these slippers at Old Navy. I was overdue for a new pair and since Santa (riiight) didn't bring any, I decided to get some...at 75% off so they were less than $4!


 Also, here are some polishes I bought in December and saved for Christmas. I won't be buying as much next year so this is my last little hoo-rah, I guess. Zoya is my favourite nail polish brand and I snagged these during two of their awesome promos!

Zoya Gloria, Zoya Valerie, Zoya Ki, Zoya Faye and Ludurana Arco-Iris.

Our kitty enjoying his new toy on Christmas.

And our dog doing the same.

My parents gave me a serger!!! And also this vegan soap and journal/ring from their trip to Italy!

My husband got me some gym stuff! He knows me well. I reeeally needed a new bag so that was extra awesome.

Some of our gifts... I got him speakers and a laptop cooling station. Also a hoodie but we had to return it, grr (it had a big hole in it I somehow didn't see!). In his stocking I gave him chocolates, Arrested Development Season 1, $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble, gloves, scarf... He also got me the cute stripey scarf/mitten set you see there!  We'll need gloves during our WA trip!

Stuff my husband put in my stocking. I returned the one pair of tights but ordered some cute ones on Ebay which will arrive in a week or so. Sour Patch Kids are vegan so he got me a bunch, hehe.

 We haven't exchanged gifts with our siblings yet, will when we see them soon! I'm excited to give everyone their gifts, we haven't given them to anyone other than each other yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...