Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday VoxBox review

Today I have a large product review for you! A while ago, I signed up on Influenster and filled out a few surveys to earn badges. I ended up receiving a VoxBox full of goodies for the holiday to review, if I chose to! This is my first "sponsored" review but of course I'm going to be 100% honest.  Receiving free stuff is fun and I love reviewing products on my blog because it's something I look for before making a purchase. That said, I wouldn't ever recommend something I wasn't a fan of.

I received:
Softsoap Coconut Scrub bar soap
imPRESS nails in pink (separate post)
NYC Liquid Lip Shine in Nude York City (seperate post)
mentos gum
Larabar in Apple Pie


Next up are two bars of Softsoap in the scent coconut.  I know Softsoap tests on animals so I wasn't thrilled to receive this but I did want to try it out and give it a fair review since I know animal cruelty is not something everyone is worried about.
It had tiny beads in it which I thought might exfoliate nicely but I didn't notice them, honestly. I found the bar a bit hard on my body so I switched to applying it onto my loofah and using it that way.  It smelled like...soap.  I don't know where the coconut scent was!  
Overall, I'm not a fan of this soap. I found it dried out my skin and felt filmy (kind of like those Dove commercials you see!). I'm not really sure what to do with my second bar as I hate to waste anything!  It did clean my body so I mean, it's not totally useless I guess.
Rating: D


Did you know Mentos makes chewing gum? I didn't. Neither did my husband. It comes in this plastic tube which I like because it doesn't get squished in my purse or gym bag and I could technically re-use it for something once it is empty. I think the gum is a nice size. Big enough to blow bubbles but small enough to not look obnoxious while chewing it. haha It's very strong at first so I did feel it gave me fresher breath. It has a hard shell, like a chicklet but the size is larger. It's on the softer side as far as gum goes, once you are chewing it, but it doesn't harden quickly. I actually chewed this for 4+ hours and it still tasted great and wasn't hard! I think that's one of the most important things with gum, right? I'm not a regular gum chewer but I do always like to have one pack just in case I feel like having some.
Overall, I really like this. I haven't researched the company yet but if they don't test on animals, there is a good chance I will buy this again.
Rating: A

 I love using face masks. I sometimes use the Freeman brand which has similar packaging to this. This is a small size but you can get at least 2 uses out of it. It smelled like a lavender which I actually cannot stand but I will say it was soothing. Lavender is really great for anti-stress.
Overall, I liked but didn't love this. I have tried other masks that I love so I would rather stick to those for regular use. My skin did feel nice afterwards though and the small size is nice for traveling. If I needed something inexpensive and had easy access to this, I would buy it.
Rating: B

Larabar! I love love Larabar.  Their bars contain less than 9 ingredients and are all natural.  I made my own sometimes since they are mostly made up of dates and nuts. I'm not sure how I'd make this flavour on my own though... Apple Pie! It was delicious. So delicious that I bought a full size on at Target a few days later. :D
Rating: A



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...