Wednesday, December 28, 2011

imPRESS Press-on Manicure

Here is my review of imPress Press-on nails. I was excited to try these just because they are something different for me. I really liked the packaging; pretty cute and easy to tote around.

Here is what the imPress website says:

Introducing imPress Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails, the revolutionary way to apply polish! Featuring advanced nail technology, you can get a salon-perfect manicure in seconds – simply peel off, press on, and you're done. There's no drying, a killer shine and a manicure that lasts up to a week! And, imPress is so easy to remove, you can change it up to match your mood as often as you want. Check out all 36 colors and patterns, including trendy brights, classic darks and animal prints. With imPress, your nails will always be your best accessory.

It comes with this prep pad which you use to clean your naked nails before applying the fake nails.  I think it might be rubbing alcohol but I couldn't say for sure. Oddly, it had no English directions only other languages.  I will say it seemed to be a necessary step. On one nail, I took off the fake nail to switch it for a different size but I didn't use the prep pad in between...and that nail would not properly adhere to my nail bed. So, I think they should include more than one prep pad since they include 24 nails.
The nails scattered when I opened the plastic polish bottle. I organized them by similar size and picked out the best for my fingers. I have fairly wide nail beds and my nails extend just past my finger tips. The nails were barely long enough to cover my own natural nails so these are better for shorter nails. Size wise, I was able to find enough for one manicure but I don't know if I'll be able to do a second. Also, the one I chose for my thumb had a jagged edge...unfortunately, there were only two that fit my thumbs.  So, overall, you may only get one set out of these if you have wide nails.
They were VERY easy to apply. You just peel off the plastic strip and then press them onto your nails. I didn't have any issues with application. You will need to file some of the edges though as they aren't completely smooth. They filed pretty easily but it took some extra work. The fit at the bed was really good but at the tips they didn't want to lay flat on my nail! The colour is a basic hot pink but these do also come in designs.  
Overall, if I wanted to wear fake nails I would consider these again. I don't wear fake nails regularly so it's hard to say if I will end up purchasing these again but I think if I had a badly broken nail I might! If you do wear fake nails, give these a try. I love that they aren't going to harm your nails. I only wore them for a few days but I can tell they would stay on much longer (assuming you use that prep pad!). I think they are very convenient.
Rating: C+

1 comments:

  1. I don't wear a lot of fake nails either. They are a lot of work. But these are super cute. The color is very catchy.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...