Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Nails and Outfits

I love looking back on the year and seeing what changes you've made, how you've grown, highlights etc. I know some people aren't really into "new year" stuff but I am. I love the start of something new. I do make resolutions but you know what? I stay on top of them all year long. I just think it's a great way to challenge yourself and grow over a set period of time rather than the goals with make at different times of the year. I'll share my resolutions in a post on the 1st. :)

My favourite manicures of 2011 (starting with December and ending with February):

I've always loved painting my nails and had around 50 bottles of polish but it wasn't until this year (around February) that I started to really get into it more. Now I have 200 bottles! I don't plan on going over that though.  The main reason I like painting my nails is that it allows me to be creative and express myself. I also find it rather calming (most of the time) haha 

My favourite outfits (starting with December ending with January):

In 2012 I want to focus more on wearing what I love. I sometimes post such boring outfits and I feel like, unless I am in love with that outfit should I really share it?  Of course I'm going to wear boring things sometimes and that's fine but as I look back on these pictures, it makes me realize that I'd rather document only those I am crazy about.  Also, I can really see what a difference it makes when you focus on the whole look (clothes, makeup, hair, accessories) rather than just the clothes. I mean, duh, but I noticed my favourite outfits were the ones that felt most complete and had more detail.  I am going to be buying used more than new in 2012 and so that will definitely reflect in my outfit posts. Sure, I will have new (to me) clothes to wear and post about but I will also try to find new ways to wear what I already own and to push myself outside of my comfort zone (top and high waisted skirt, jeans and belted cardi etc) more often!

1 comments:

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...