Friday, December 23, 2011

Pre-Christmas Eats

This week I ate a lot of salads (again), smoothies, fruit and wraps. I was really craving the fruits and veggies!  I have delicious food planned for Christmas; cannot wait. I already made the pumpkin tarts and chocolate silk tarts as well as coconut whip! YUM.

smoothie using spinach, vanilla soy milk, banana, blackberries and ground flax.

topping my cereal with berries!

tasty beer

black bean soup & a veggie sandwich w/ tofurkey deli slice

YUM.

Medditeranean plate from Trader Joes! the salad was a bit strong but overall it was delicious. this is my favourite kind of food.

I made my husband and I vegan crepes with lots of fruit one morning :) 

Typical giant salad for me

rosemary garlic potatoes. these cooked up so perfectly...crispy on the outside but soft inside.
a rather sad looking mushroom burger but it was good!

I also whipped up a quick treat one night when I was craving something sweet and chocolate-y. It is sort of like "puppy chow" and is so easy it hardly requires a recipe but here is a quick rundown:
I used peanuts, almonds, two kinds of unsweetened cereal and dried cranberries. I melted some chocolate chips (probably less than 1/4 cup for two cups of mix) in the microwave with a 1/2 tbsp of nut butter (any would work but the one I used is the Archer Farms mix of peanut/almond/cashew; it's so good). I poured the melted mix over the cereal and tossed it around. Then I just sprinkled it with some powdered sugar and continued to toss. I went light on the sweet factor but it's really up to you! Pretzels would be a nice addition too.




1 comments:

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...