Saturday, December 24, 2011

Nails and Scarf Tying

Christmas Eve! I think my husband and I are just going to take it easy at home today although I wouldn't mind taking our dog to the dog park. I'm going to make cranberry sauce for tomorrow but that's about it, baking is already done. Definitely watching A Christmas Carol tonight! Last night I watched The Family Stone and the night before that it was Love Actually. 

Right now I'm enjoying a gingerbread latte and making french toast (from Peas and Thank You) to have with vegan cream cheese and strawberries.

For this manicure I started out with Julep "Diane" and China Glaze "Velvet Bow".  This is without topcoat. They are so glossy!


Then I added Kleancolor "Red Hot" and "Holiday Jingle".  Kleancolors smell awful but the company says they are "big 3 free". They do have great polish choices. "Holiday Jingle" is one easy coat.  "Red Hot" on the other hand is trickier to apply. The red base it's in is just so thick and there's so much of it! I find it's easiest to apply one thick coat and then do a second where you kinda pick out the hex shapes with the bottle brush and add those on. Good thing about the amount of jelly base is that it dries very glossy and very smooth. I added topcoat but I think it would have been better without!


 I've been playing around with my scarves a lot lately.  My favourite styles are the long fringed pashmina type and triangle scarves. I've had this one for years. Here, I just twisted the ends before wrapping them around my neck.


I got the idea from this awesome video:

1 comments:

  1. Your nails look so beautiful and festive! Lovely job :) I love wearing scarves too but can never make them look fashionable...mine always have a very distinct "functional" look ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...