Friday, December 16, 2011

Salads and Stuff

Some of what I ate this week....

I ate a ton of cookies, not pictured. haha So much sugar that it was keeping me up at  night! But hey, it's the holidays, I baked them myself and killed myself at the gym 6 times this week so I'm okay with it. I made a point to balance it out with a lot of veggies. I've mostly been eating salads but pictures get boring after a while. This white bread was SO good. I never eat white bread but this was a "shepherd loaf" that I treated myself too. Mmm.

This is from last Sunday. I was a bit hungover and wanted junk food...but not. I've made this a few times now. It's this cheese sauce which is mostly nutritional yeast and water so it's really not bad for you at all. Then I piled on the veggies! I used blue corn flax chips, yum! I like that this tastes indulgent and unhealthy but it isn't, really.

 spicy mustard, avocado, cucumber, spinach, vegan mayo, olives, mushrooms, garlic and basil. 

Oh, here is 1/3 of the reason I was a but hungover lol

Experimented with my tofu. I cooked it in a mixture of veggie broth and spices (like chili powder, garlic, cayenne etc) then I ate it fajita style with peppers, avocado, spinach and black beans. It was reeally tasty! I ate the leftovers the next day. Oh and I cut my tofu into triangle shapes. I know, I'm pretty wild.

 Just a simple salad using a bagged kale mix, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and olives. For dressing, I used my standby balsamic vinegarette. 

I'm eating this again tonight. It's the same as the salad above but instead of adding the dressing I made a chickpea mixture (chickpeas, vegan mayo, relish, mustard, bell pepper, onion) and put that on top. It's so good! The chickpea mixture is something I make a few times a month. It's great in sandwiches or on crackers too!

Tried a sample size Larabar in Apple Pie! SO GOOD. I love Larabar though so no surprise there.

Had to use up some canned pumpkin before it went bad so I added it to my oatmeal. Yum. I've been having oatmeal for breakfast most days although today I had a smoothie.



1 comments:

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...