Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Outfits & Purchases

2012 is off to a great start! January was fantastic.
Highlights:

  • trip to WA to see family
  • VooDoo Dougnuts (yeah, they were that good!)
  • been vegan for 3 months now!
  • my family coming to visit from Canada!!!
  • my husband was pinned as a Sgt
  • found a great new grocery store
  • tried new restaurants
  • losing more weight
  • great gym workouts
  • completing a 7 day juice cleanse
  • new things
I have quite a few outfits from the month although the quality leaves something to be desired. Many were taken on vacation, some in much colder weather! I wore a lot of black bottoms...


I'm looking forward to February, I think it'll be a great month with friends, day trips and I hope to get a lot accomplished. My goal is not shop online at all and preferably not buy myself anything unless it is thrifted or part of a DIY project!

I'm updating this post because I had an idea. See, part of my 2012 new year resolution was to "consume less". A big part of this was to not only shop for myself less (beauty, clothes, accessories, shoes) but to avoid shopping online and try to thrift vs buy new. Well, I failed at that this month. I don't know what came over me! I bought quite a bit at the end of December so it feels like I bought more than I did but still, I ordered online more than usual! So the idea I had is that at the end of the month, I will take a picture of all my monthly purchases (just personal things not household items and such) and share it here. I think it will give me a better idea of how much I'm buying/spending. Not that I spend/shop a crazy amount or anything but I am still trying to cut back and make some changes. :) So that will be a feature at the end of each month for the entire year! Here is January...

Forever 21 dress (free with buy1get1), Forever 21 earring pack ($5.80),  elf cream eyeliner ($3), Goodwill shirt ($5), Goodwill belt ($3), Target dress w/ belt ($17) Goodwill sweater ($10), Victoria's Secret skirt ($9.99), Victoria's Secret shorts ($19.99), Fingerpaints Twisted nail polish ($5.99), Desert Essence face wash ($7), Shoe Ocean boots ($26).

Not pictured:  I got a free pair of Victoria's Secret panties with purchase/coupon. Also, a Scentsy My Wish brick ($20). They are discontinuing the brick size and it's my favourite scent so I stocked up.

Here are a few things that I did purchase in January but are still on their way to me.

Julep Maven February box $19.99. I should have cancelled but I couldn't resist these colours!
Rachel, Elizabeth and Oscar.

These Go Jane boots should arrive today! Impressive seeing as I ordered them late late Monday night! $26 including shipping.
I placed an order with Shop Lately. I bought a Plum District deal worth $20 for only $5. It got me $40 of stuff from Shop Lately. I spent $47 including shipping ($2.99) and tax. So I only paid $12 out of pockets for these items. And yes, you only get a little peak! They'll  be in outfit pictures soon.

January spendings: $190.76  (more than I thought!)
Total number of items: 23
Items thrifted: 3
Online orders: 6

See, I bought more and spent more than I thought! Can't be in denial with this new plan...  And yes, I realize some people spend/buy wayy more than this (some people, less!) but this is just for me and my new years resolution. I am not judging anyone for the way they spend their money. :)

1 comments:

  1. Hi there very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds alsoกKI'm glad to search out numerous useful information right here in the submit, we'd like work out extra techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
    Marathon Industries 30326 13 by 5 to 6 Flat Free Tire

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...