Friday, January 20, 2012

Jumbo Friday Foodie

Friday Foodie post! Almost forgot. I had a long day volunteering down in San Diego for Shape magazine, setting up obstacles for the Diva Dash 5K (I swear it's longer...) obstacle course tomorrow! I'm running in it tomorrow too. My first race! Mind you, I'm not going into it to finish fast, just to have fun and challenge myself with two of my friends. It's going to be so much fun! More on that later. 

When my husband picked up Sgt we celebrated with lunch at Sammy's Woodfired pizza followed by frozen yogurt (sorbet for me; it's dairy free) at Menchi's (a self serve place). YUM.
my two kinds of sorbet with mango, blueberries, coconut, carob chips and nuts. 

my husband's hummus and chicken wrap which we got for free. If you sign up on their website, they give you a coupon for a free pizza but since my pizza cost more they gave us this for free. :)

My pizza! Tons of Daiya (vegan mozzarella) and veggies. it was delicious! 

Yep, they had a separate vegan + gluten free menu! It's the green one above. That made ordering so easy. It was just one page but still. We'll be back! I love their commitment!

 Some eats from this week.

Yummy hemp waffles (frozen variety) with peanut butter and banana.

Quinoa salad with carrot and cranberries. The dressing is a mixture of olive oil, apple cider vinegar and agave nectar.

Green juice! I've been juicing a lot this week. I feel so much better when I have at least one a day. Next week I'm starting a 10 Day juice cleanse!!!

Kashi GoLean Crisp berry cereal with almond milk, goji berries and chia seeds.

Greek food at home! My favourite.

I recently discovered the grocery store Earthgrown Market. It's so awesome. It's all natural, has TONS of vegan options, a lot of organic produce and really low prices.  Here is what I got for $120 (keep in mind some things were pricey like $5 beers and $5 acai juice).

Finally buying from the bulk section! I just need to make some re-useable bags; boo plastic! The oats cost me like 75cents and I think the soy protein powder was $1.50 or so.  The soy feta is yummy,  not as strong as regular feta but still tasty.

amande yogurt (made from almonds) has a lumpy texture but tastes good. Almond Dream is currently my favourite vegan ice cream. Sooo good especially the praline one! My husband loves it too.

Some bars and goji berries. They were on sale for $11.99/lb...so that container was under $4! I should have bought two.

Fresh dolmas (also on sale so 6 was only $1.68!!) and fake chicken boullion cubes which I've yet to try.

beer and fruit. The fruit/veggies are all organic except the pineapple. The oranges were only $4 for the bag. The apples were on sale for 76 cents/lb. Sweet.

beans and veggies

milk, flour, honey (for husband), green tea, acai juice, waffles.

Quite a lot for $120!

1 comments:

  1. oooh everything looks delicious! That pizza looks like it has super fresh and vibrant veggies on it! Your grocery haul looks so great too, you definitely got a lot for your money!! I'm jealous of the fresh dolma sale for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...