Friday, February 10, 2012

Stuffed Veggies, Oatmeal and Oreo Truffles!

This was a pretty strange week. I had two pretty crappy things occur including breaking a tooth but also had something good happen that took a load of weight off my shoulders plus I got a shit ton done around the home and am feeling very "on top of things".  So, it was sort of a bad week but I don't feel bad about it...something like that.  This weekend my husband and I need to run a bunch of errands, do homework, file taxes...but I think we'll fit in a trip to the movies at some point! I really want to see The Grey.

Anyway, it's Friday so let's talk about food.

One night for dinner, all I had was this giant stuffed portobello mushroom. It was SO good and filling! I just used leftover quinoa mix from making enchiladas and topped it with some Daiya. Easy! 

Last night I wanted comfort food which basically reads as "cheese" hehe So I made macaroni and cheese with spinach and some fake chicken using this sauce but I also added some garlic, soy milk and cheddar Daiya.  The zucchinis were baked, stuffed with a mixture of that leftover quinoa (less than 1/2 cup) and leftover spinach dip (spinach/vegan cream cheese/vegan mayo/spices).  Not the healthiest dinner but I mean, not the unhealthiest either. haha It was sooo tasty! I will for sure make the macaroni and cheese like that again.

This was my "soft" dinner after I broke my tooth. Vegetarian chipotle chili (from a can, sorry!) and dill mashed potatoes.

 I think a lot of Americans go about oatmeal in all the wrong way. Nevermind those packets you microwave that have all that added sugar and chunks of who knows what.  This is one way I love to have oatmeal and it is honestly just as quick to make! It's much healthier and more filling.  
1 cup water (bring to a boil)
1 cup quick cooking oats or you can do 1/2 muesli 
3 tbsp or so goji berries or other dried fruit
1 tbsp ground flaxseed (omega 3!)
1 tbsp seeds like chia seeds or hemp seeds
1 or 2 tbsp sweetener like pure maple syrup, liquid stevia or agave nectar (I omit this if I use peanut butter)
1-22 tbsp optional flavor like a nut butter or unsweeted shredded coconut

I made a friend oreo truffles. Did I already post this? Well, either way. I got the recipe from Vegan Junk Food but it's just a basic oreo truffle aka you mash up (vegan) cream cheese with oreos, roll into balls, refrigerate and dip into chocolate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...