Friday, March 2, 2012

Let's eat!

Food from this past week...all vegan of course!

Whole wheat blueberry cinnamon rolls adapted from Peas and Thank You cookbook :)

 Black bean quinoa burgers

We actually ate out one night which we don't normally do mid-week but my husband took Tues/Wed off to finish up a course he was in (ISSA program. He's getting a certificate in personal training, fitness and exercise therapy).  So we decided to go to Lotus Cafe in Encinitas, CA, about a 25min drive for us.  I had high expectations and was not disappointed! So many vegan options. They let you customize most dishes to be gluten free, honey free, vegan etc! It's really great.

 We had vegan milkshakes. HOLY YUM! He had pina colada and I had carrot. We both preferred the carrot...it tasted like carrot cake! The ingredients were just carrot juice, soy vanilla ice cream, cardamon and nutmeg so me thinks I need to make this at home asap.
 My husband had tofu and veggies on rice. It was huge! And very flavourful.
 I had 1/2 tomato potato soup and 1/2 lotus salad with tofu dill dressing. Very yummy!

Yummy green salad using leftover tofu dill dressing which I absolutely need to figure out how to make myself! I also used leftover quinoa black bean patties for some protein.

Using the last bit of leftover quinoa/bean mixture I stuffed some bell peppers. I also made a dill dijon potato salad that was deeelicious!

Another yummy salad. The natural lighting in my apartment was actually good for a change, weird!

 Chia pudding with some cereal and fruit

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so yummy! This is not a good post to be reading when I'm hungry, haha. Those blueberry cinnamon rolls look.... like heaven to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, everything looks SOOOOOO good! I have to agree, the blueberry cinnamon rolls look phenomenal and I am also really liking that huge plate of tofu and veggies over rice. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister in law eats chia seeds, but I've never seen them actually in use. The pudding looks like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...