Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patty's Day Nail and Non-green Food

First, Happy St Patrick's Day! 

My current mani is somewhat festive with its green and gold (I know it looks silver here). The green is Bettina "Mojito" and the gold is Julep "Sienna". I used tape to make the shape.


Food from this week. So much deliciousness!

I made and ate two batches of hummus this week. It comes out soo much better in my new food processor (Cuisineart Mini Food Prep) which I bought off of someone for $20 but it was brand new, still in the box.  The one above is this recipe (new favourite) with the addition of roasted red pepper. Sooo good!

These wraps were SO good. I made them for dinner one night. I used flax flat bread and then inside is tri-coloured quinoa (just cooked in water), hummus, tomato, onions and falafel. Mmmm.

I tried out this sweet potato stuffed pepper recipe. The stuffing tasted a bit odd on its own but was really good in the pepper. I do think I'll skip the OJ next time though. It was a bit weird mixed with the garlic.

I think the highlight of the week was this raw fruit tart. Oh man, so good. I can't wait to make this many more times! The crust is just dates and almonds which you pulse in a food processor until it becomes dough like. I used 8 dates and just over 1/4 cup almonds for a very thin crust.  If I'd had more, I would have used a bit more.  Then you press that into your pan and just top with fruit! I also added unsweeted shredded coconut. I pulsed some of the strawberries in the food processor so it created this delicious sauce.  This tart is completely raw!  My husband loved it and so did some of his friends.

A simple pasta dish of spinach, mushrooms, a bit on non dairy creamer and garlic. Yum.

 Oatmeal date cookies. So much sugar...but delicious. hehe Oh and some soy chocolate milk. It's tasty but my favourite is the dark chocolate almond one. 

Farmer's Market buys! Oh man, fresh organic produce is so tasty. I actually found a friend to go to the market with every Tuesday! Yay! I don't drive so that's why I hadn't  before. 

Amy's veggie burker. These are the thick quarter pounder ones! They are quite big and filling. It's a bit mushy as veggie patties tend to be but tasty and I liked the addition of walnuts.

2 comments:

  1. The nails look so cute!

    I love the food pictures you also show. They make me want to eat healthier lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...