Saturday, April 7, 2012

Flora Collection

I spotted this limited edition Flora Collection set by Wet n Wild at Walgreens the other day and for $4.99 just couldn't resist. I mainly wanted/like the eyeshadows, figured the polish looked promising and the rest was basically free so why not?


First up, the polish. It reminds me of China Glaze "Zombie Zest" just with the greenish colour and texture but is by NO means a dupe.  This is a goldish green colour. Below is two coats on its own and over black. I think this one will look better on the nails than on the swatch. Plus I think it could be cool for layering.

As if I need another lipgloss especially one like this that makes me think of my 14 year old self (when I was obsessed with lipgloss) but I have to say, I have been wearing this. It has a nice summery fruit smell but no taste. It goes on somewhat thick and yes, it is sticky but it does give a very nice shine and lasts well. Oh and despite looking red/pink it is clear.


 I was not disappointed by this palette! LOVE. The colours may look crazy but they are actually very wearable. The greens have some shimmer but the orange is matte. I wouldn't recommend wearing this as it is suggested though... clown face anyone?


Top row over elf primer. Bottom row by itself.

shade
sun

I was very impressed by how pigmented these are, even on their own! They just stay put better with the primer. Below is after I rubbed them with the palm of my hand. The shimmer shows up better with the primer as a base. If you wanted the colour to pop even more you could, of course, layer these over a white base.

This blush was a great surprise. I love it!! It is super pigmented but blends very nicely. It's a great sort of dusty rose shade. 

Pigmented swatch to show the colour + blended.

 Here is a look I did using all of the above products! The liner is an Urban Decay one, brows are filled in using an elf kit and I have Wet n Wild natural powder on my face.


 Light green all over lid and dark green in the outer V. Orange on the lower lash line. Blush on cheeks and gloss on lips.

Wet n Wild may not be the most natural makeup but is is vegan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...