Friday, April 20, 2012

Food & Pilates

 Lots of food pictures for this week! Click to enlarge.

Husband and I's lunches at Souplantation before going grocery shopping. It's kind of hit or miss on what vegan items they'll have. I generally just get a huge salad but sometimes they'll have a vegan soup. 

 Groceries. Stocked up on tofu since it was on sale for 99cents. I've stopped using Canola oil but I do like a spray for cooking so I got a spray version of coconut oil. I also use olive oil and sunflower oil. I bought liquid smoke for the first time (to make eggplant bacon; see below). I tried the fruit puree kombucha OMG SO GOOD. I like them way too much...for how expensive they are. Maybe I need to learn how to make it myself.  Whole wheat French bread for French toast and a couple other wheat products because I knew I wouldn't get around to making scratch. My husband got a TON of mixed raw nuts...it came to $15 (bulk section)...on sale! haha But it'll last a long time and is great to have on hand. Oh I also picked up Nature's Gate sunblock which was on sale for $6.99. I did a post on safe sunscreen here the other day.

These chips are soo tasty and I was excited to see a larger bag size. But look how empty it was! Seems kind of wasteful.

I made my own soy yogurt again. This time I added strawberries. It's SO good. I honestly prefer it to any of the store bought ones I've tried.

Whole wheat French toast topped with homemade yogurt n stuff.

Breaded zucchini sticks which I dipped in marinara. These were tasty. I had the leftovers later (see below) in a pasta dish.

I generally make my own crust but the ingredients list on this looked decent so I tried it. It's really really tasty!
I did a Mexi style pizza. Delicious! I find I don't want Daiya really anymore. I'm just not really craving cheese like I once did. I like nutritional yeast cheese recipes better.

I've been making some big batches of this delicious tea. I just put it in my milk bag and let that soak in the water jug.

Mmm mango! With nuts and soy yogurt.

I tried this...yuck! I was not a fan. The green apple flavour was weird, like a Jolly Rancher and super sweet.

I went to Whole Foods...for the FIRST time! It's only 30min away but we live near so many other places that we just never drive that far. I was blown away! It was definitely pricier but so many options. I went for the salad bar once I saw all of the Greek/Mediterranean options! This was about $8 and super filling. There are also some dolmas under the pita (I saved some of them for later).  Ate this at the beach. My husband got salads too but somehow spent $12 on his haha It goes by weight, if you didn't know.

Delicious! Ugh, I want another... $3.75 is steep for a drink though. I mean, that's like getting a fancy Starbucks drink so once and a while I can see but I couldn't do it every day.

Eggplant bacon! I've been wanting to try this for a while and am pleased to say that it was DELICIOUS. It really smelled and tasted a lot like bacon. The texture was different but not AS different as I had expected. it was chewy like bacon. I used a mandolin to slice it very thin. I followed this PPK recipe. It's just eggplant, soy sauce and liquid smoke! 
Had it as a yummy tofu scramble sandwich
And then as this messy sandwich which I made while fairly intoxicated...hence the blurry picture. haha The eggplant bacon doesn't last so you want to eat it all up the same day you make it. I made half the recipe for this very reason.

Pineapple coconut pancakes topped with applesauce, homemade date syrup and some more unsweetened coconut. I love pancakes with fruit in them, in case you haven't noticed!

Pita bread (I think it's like 5 ingredients. Sprouts sells it) with homemade hummus and baba ganoush.

Fresh juice for husband and I. I don't generally take juice pictures but it is awfully pretty before you juice it, isn't it? I blended the bananas in after.  
Enjoyed it by the pool with some magazines.

This are gluten free rice noodles. I thought they were delicious but my husband wasn't a fan, despite being the one to pick them out. And yes, these Gardein chicken strips are sooo tasty but I consider fake cheese/meats like this to be vegan junk food so I limit it. I made a yummy mushroom sauce and then added some leftover breaded zucchini.

Delicious soft tacos. I did roasted veggies, bbq potatoes and some roasted chickpeas.

Something sweet! This isn't pretty but it is delicous, haha. It's just a banana stuffed with almond butter, some chocolate chips and unsweetened coconut then microwaved for, like, 20seconds.

I made veggie curry. This was the first time I didn't use S&B Golden Curry mix and I have to say...it wasn't quite as tasty. But it was still very yummy. I'll have to look into the ingredients of that brand name one.

A simple fruit crisp with apples and strawberries topped with oats, nuts and a bit of brown sugar. Yum!

Okay, that was a LOT of food.   I'll just leave you with this great Pilates butt workout I did the other day and loved. It's from Blogilates. I did another one of her videos (total body sculpt I think it's called) today and loved it too. I can see myself sticking with pilates for a while!  Unlike yoga, which I can just never really get into. It's too much staying still and I like to be moving!




Oh also, I'm doing a juice cleanse next week so next Friday's post will look a little different!

1 comments:

  1. Wow so much awesome food! I can't believe you had never been to Whole Foods before! They have so much great stuff but it is really pricey. It seems like each WFs has a different international prepared section. Mine has Indian food which I'm not a huge fan of and I must say I'm incredibly jealous of your mediterranean/greek meal! It is by far my fav international cuisine :)

    That is crazy how empty that chips bag was! I know it is by weight and settles but clearly that was never even close to full! I want to try that homemade soy yogurt recipe and the breaded zucchini sounds great too! Everything looks really great I feel like I'm on awesome vegan food overload! :)

    I've never tried pilates, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...