Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Petal Pushers

Got some swatches for you folks today! I always hear good things about these Wet n Wild palettes and since they are vegan and cheap I decided to pick one up the other day. This is "Petal Pusher" and features different purple shades in shimmer, metallic, sparkle and matte. It was $4.99 at CVS and has 8 different shadows plus a brush (but I never use the brushes).

Swatches are done over ELF Studio Primer which is my go to eye primer. It seriously works as well as Urban Decay Primer Potion*!


2nd down on left + 3rd down on left
bottom left + top left

  Sorry the left side swatches are out of order. The first colour (on the right above) is a very pale lilac...sort of white with a lilac shimmer. It's great for highlighting or adding shimmer on your lid. The second colour is quite chalky and has a matte finish. It looks very purple here but it is actually more pink, like a dusty rose shade. Third colour is a muted purple shade that has a bit of shimmer and sparkle to it, applies very soft. Fourth colour (third from the left above) leans a bit more blue and is very sparkly; applies very nicely. These are all very soft and buttery. The pigmentation was nice, only the first colour was less opaque.


top right + 2nd down on right
3rd down on right + bottom right

 The first colour is more pink in person but is a metallic, very very shimmery and applies soo nicely! Second colour leans more brown with gorgeous golden sparkle; applies very soft. The third colour is a very dark purple with shimmery red sparkle while the fourth colour is black with silver sparkle; these two didn't apply as nicely especially the third colour. My favourite here is actually the first colour. I was most excited about the the third colour but it isn't very opaque, would probably work best over top of another dark shadow.

Overall, I really like this palette because the colours are unique to my collection, there is a wide variety of finishes and purple is great for green eyes like I have. My only complaint is that these apply better with your fingers than they do with brushes, or at least they are more opaque that way. I prefer brushes because they are more precise.  I wish they were a bit more pigmented. That said, these are easy to wear in a more subtle way or they can be layered for a bolder effect. They also blend very very well.


 * Urban Decay announced today that they will be now selling their products in China which mean that in China, a third party company (not UD) will test the products on animals.  That does not sit well with me.  This is the case for many other companies including MAC. I appreciate Urban Decay's honesty on the matter but it bothers me that they still claim to be so against animal testing...and yet they are contributing to it.  They were one of my favourite brands so I'm very sad to no longer be buying from them.  I don't buy MAC for the same reason.

1 comments:

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...