Friday, July 6, 2012

Two Weeks of Food


Prepare yourselves for a food overload!

lots of smoothies lately. I either have a smoothie or fresh juice each day.

pancakes, of course.


been eating lots of berries



Chipotle

burrito filling


lots of beer and also some amazing hummus at Karl Strauss Brewery. husband drew a face in my beer haha

more pancakes + some vegan sausage which was kinda meh


I drink green juice a few times a week at least

 a friend and I love this Vietnamese restaurant and always order the vegetarian Pho. this was my leftovers the next day.

made some really yummy thick pizza one night topped with soyrizo and veggies

lasagna rolls ups. these were super simple. I just boiled the noodles and then rolled them up with a mixture of vegan cream cheese, firm tofu, mushrooms, spinach and Italian spices then topped them with tomato sauce and baked them for a bit. delicious and much faster than classic lasagna.


my new go to veggie tomato soup. so good. it's from 1,000 Vegan Recipes

hummus + spinach "quesadilla"

snack of berries and dairy free chocolate


wontons! from Chloe's Kitchen

our 4th of July dinner was simple Greek wraps. I whipped up this falafel really quick. I just mashed together a can of chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, two tbsp flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 small onion or some onion powder, 1-2 garlic cloves or garlic powder, 1tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp cumin. Form into balls and flatten slightly on a cookie sheet. Bake for 30min, flipping half way, at 375F.


homemade almond butter. I simple ran it through my Omega juicer four times. It's perfection.

started with 2.5 cups almonds that I roasted (otherwise the oils don't really release) 
after the first run through it is like almond flour
second run through it starts to stick together a bit
third run through the oils are really coming out
I ran it through a fourth time and it was perfect. also, it's easy to do and doesn't really take long. my food processor isn't powerful enough so that's why I went with my Omega juicer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...