Friday, November 2, 2012

Where's the Produce?


I realize there is a lack of fruit/veggies in these pics but that's simply because I haven't been photographing them, not because I'm not eating them! Since I've been home alone most of the time lately (husband has to live on base while training and is only home some weekends) I've been eating such simple meals. I guess I should still take pictures, just to give a better idea of what I'm eating though. I cook dinner every other night and then have leftovers for lunch and dinner for at least a day and I keep having the same (or very similar) breakfast for a whole week. haha See, not that exciting. I'm thinking I should do a juice cleanse soon though.

 "egg" sandwich using tofu
 I like to bake cookies when my husband is away. It's comforting to me, or something. I should stop making these sugary oatmeal raisin ones so much though hehe
 Trader Joes whole wheat pizza crust topped with marinara, olives, spinach, pineapple, tomato, onion and nutritional yeast
 I can't remember what was in this. I'm guessing banana, strawberries and pineapple.
 gf pierogies, asparagus and a dollop of vegan sour cream. I made my go to pierogie recipe using all purpose gluten free flour and they turned out great! I make a basic pasta dough (recipe in 1000 Vegan Recipes) and then make a mashed potato mixture for the inside. I boil them to cook but then fry them before eating.
 pumpkin oatmeal. I have been eating oatmeal most mornings lately. I just love it! Here cooked the gf oats in water and then added raisins, pumpkin spice and some canned pumpkin. So yummy.
vegan "Bisquick" waffle. I didn't actually use Bisquick but a very similar mix. This is the easiest waffles I've ever made haha Just not the absolute healthiest. I just veganize the recipe on the Bisquick knock off box.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...