Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Some Swatches

- this is a scheduled post while I am on vacation -

Today I have some swatches for you! I picked up three new NYX Lip Smack Fun Colors (aka NYX Round Lipstick), Milani HD Advanced Lip Colors and a Physician's Formula Eye Booster Felt Tip Eye Liner.

First up are the NYX Round Lipsticks as they are most commonly called. I already owned "Haute Melon" but decided to get a few more using a gift card I had for Sears. I chose "Fig" a bubble gum pink, "Louisiana" a bright pink and "Eros" an orange based red. These are cruelty free and vegan. I know some vegans avoid NYX because they give out conflicting info on what is and isn't vegan but from the research I did, these do appear to be vegan.


shade
sun
smudged
after rubbing the area with my hand and hot water 

I really love these lipsticks. They are quite opaque except for "Haute Melon" which is more sheer (but also more neon in person). They go on so smoothly and I find them very moisturizing.  These do stain your lips which some people may not like but I do. That way, as the lipstick rubs off you are still left with colour. These actually last a good while but will eventually wear off with eating/drinking. They rub off/fade very very evenly though so I find my lips still look great. One of my biggest pet peeves is when lipsticks wear off all patchy and gross or just leave the outer rim! So I definitely recommend these if you love a bold lip.

Next we have the Milani HD Advanced Lip Color. These are NOT vegan as they contain lanolin oil (oil from sheeps wool) but Milani is cruelty free. I was under the impression that these were vegan, not sure why, or else I would not have picked up three more. I already owned "Candy Apple" and it is my go to red when I want something a bit easier to wear. I spotted this for 75% off at CVS last week and picked up three more. I got "Classy Nude", "Vivacious Fushia" and "Modern Mauve". They all look just the way they sound.

"Modern Mauve"
 shade
sun
smudged


 I really love these because they are more sheer so you can wear them for a more subtle look (mind you they do still add a lot of colour!), build up the colour or layer them over other lipsticks. I have been layering them a lot. It's a great way to make my lipstick last. These do wear off easily with food/drink but are so easy to re-apply; no mirror needed. They are also very very moisturizing. My lips have honestly never been so soft since I've been wearing these! The NYX haven't dried out my lips either. I tend to have very dry lips!  I really wish these were vegan because they are so awesome. They do have a scent, a very sweet scent except "Classy Nude" which I guess is supposed to smell more like vanilla or something. It doesn't last too long though they are very strong when you are applying them. 

 My last swatches are of the Physician's Formula Eye Booster liner. I also got this from Sears using the gift card. The reviews on makeupalley.com were pretty good so I thought I'd give it a try.

Rubbed very very hard. As you can see, it fades but does not smudge!

 This is a great liner for applying close to your lash line which is how it is meant to be applied. It is supposed to help thicken your lashes. I've only used it a few times so far so I can't attest to that but if I see a difference, I will update! These dries quickly and really does not budge. I wouldn't recommend using it for a thick cat eye but for a thin line it is great.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...