Friday, January 18, 2013

Chlorophyll


I've been making a point to have a lot of fresh juice and smoothies, avoid too much added sugar and cooking from scratch more lately. 

I prefer them in the shell as edamame but still tasty! Leftovers are going in a sandwich tomorrow, I think.

Yummy green curry over brown rice. Not a great picture. I've been making this a lot lately using green curry paste and canned coconut milk.

Delicious juice.

Husband and I had brunch at Hill St Cafe last weekend and their special was sweet potato waffles topped with apple crisp- both vegan! It was heavenly. It was also half price since they accidentally didn't put my order in and I had to wait a while haha

More juuuuice. Kale makes my juices look nasty haha

 This meal wasn't made from scratch. The salad and falafel are both from a box. 

Grape leaves stuffed with leftover tabbouli and falafel.

Homemade granola from the Forks Over Knives cookbook. Loved how this turned out! You make a date syrup so there is no processed sugar. It's just oats, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, water, orange zest and then I did dried cranberries.

Made some chili and bread!

Beet juice

Homemade bread! I used this recipe with sunflower seeds. It's so good. I'm so happy my inlaws gave me their old bread machine!

I bought carob powder for the first time and love it! It's delicious. This is "hot chocolate" using agave nectar and almond milk. Not as chocolatey but really delicious.

I came up with this cookie recipe and omg, I ate these so fast haha I'm going to make them again thi weekend so I will take more pictures and get the recipe posted!

Decided to treat myself to some new chai tea and made myself a latte. 

Ugly but delicious sandwhich on homemade bread.

Greek pizza on Archer Farms pizza crust.

Green juice for husband and I this morning. Oranges, kale and carrots.

Breakfast this morning was banana vegan french toast topped with banana and coconut. I used the bread below to make it.

I used this raisin bread recipe but followed the directions in the first comment (except I used raw sugar not brown sugar and dried cranberries not raisins). I like this because it's sweet but not overly so. I'd forgotten how moist homemade bread is, ugh, so good.

 I bought a chorophyll mix recently called "chloro-combo". I kept reading about the benefits so I finally got my hands on some! This  one is mixed with alfalfa leaves, ginger root and peppermint leaves. I haven't tried it in just water yet but I love it with almond milk, ice, banana and spinach (like in the picture)! It just tastes like peppermint, really good.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, so many beautiful meals! Your juices all sound so good and that french toast, yum! There is absolutely nothing better than homemade bread and it looks like you are making delicious meals with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the green juices. My favorite combo is kale, celery, cucumber, and lemon. The waffle and french toast look absolutely indulgent and wonderful too. A nice balance of healthy, delicious, and comforting eats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the second person to ask me that this week. The other was because I ordered a very strong type of beer at 9am in the morning at a Seahawks bar. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can just imagine how yummy all these taste! x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...