Saturday, April 6, 2013

Farmer's Market & a Drink Recipe


This morning I decided to go check out the local farmer's market. I can't believe I've lived here for years and hadn't been to it! I only learned of it a year or so ago and was under the impression that it was pretty small. It was an hour long walk, which is a bit far, but it was worth it. There was a great variety! Fresh flowers, vegan bakery, vegan tamales, two fresh juice stands, Bitchin Sauce (which I love), Greek food (the best hummus), nuts, tons of produce (organic and non) and so on! I've been to two other farmer's markets around here but this one was actually my favourite. I plan on going again next weekend! It's a great way for me to great organic produce when my husband is away (since I don't drive and the natural grocery stores are further away) and of course it's always nice to shop local. One of my goals last year was to shop locally more and I didn't feel like I succeeded at that.  So today I bought myself some fresh flowers, beet hummus (it's really good! and bright pink hehe), Chipotle Bitchin' Sauce, organic cilantro and organic asparagus.  One of  my favourite things about living here (San Diego County) are all of the year-round Farmer's Markets!

About 60 vendors
My pretty $2.50 flowers. They smell wonderful!
One of the juice stands. I loved seeing so many people (even overweight middle aged men who aren't necessarily what springs to mind when you think of juicing, right?) walking around with fresh juice!


Anyway... since I knew I had a lot of walking to do and the weather was sort of inbetween warm-cool I went with something loose and comfortable. I've been wearing this hat so much! It's crazy comfortable. I need to get my hands on another (like this one) so I can mix things up haha

haha My dog looks like a giant here! 


Want to make what I'm drinking?

Juice 1 cucumber, 1/2 zucchini, 3 kale leaves, 1/2 lemon and 4 pieces of broccoli. Then blend that mixture with 1 frozen banana and either 1 pear or another frozen banana! Delicious!

1 comments:

  1. I LOVE farmer's markets. I really do miss that a lot about living in Cali. All the ones here are seasonal...meaning...they only open once the weather warms up! I'm excited though cause theres one that is a 10 minute walk from my house!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...