Friday, May 17, 2013

Fruit!



Groceries for the week. My husband isn't really home so it'll last longer than a week. My total was $75 if you wondered.

Food prep this week: froze banana slices, make brown rice and quinoa, granola, protein bars (recipe to come), cookies (with coconut oiland a bit of Stevia), froze watermelon and pinto beans with sweet potato.

Breakfasts:
Protein pancakes topped with peanut butter and homemade almond butter
Buckwheat groats topped with homemade granola and fruit. I'd never tried "groatmeal" before but it was delicious! The texture was weird but I think I just over blended it!

With the extra groatmeal, I added VegaOne chocolate protein powder, nuts and peanut butter!
Oatmeal with almond milk, nuts and goji berries. 

Snacks:


VegaOne chocolate protein powder smoothie and another watermelon frosty
Blended frozen banana, cocoa powder and a splash of almond milk. Topped with chocolate chips, banana and unsweetened coconut flakes!

Dinners:
Gf pizza crust
Native Foods Cafe eats! I had a couple of the jackfruit fritters. They were tasty but I just don't really like fried food. I tried the Greek gyro bowl this time. Yummy! It's roasted veggies (kale too) topped with a sauce and faux meat. It wasn't all that Greek to me but still very tasty. I ate half and had the rest later. Oh and for some reason I got free fries. I got a free appetizer another time too. *Shrug*

Big ol' burrito filled with the sweet potato bean mixture, salsa and lettuce. Too bad it kept falling apart!
One night I just wanted a really light dinner so I had juice and kale chips :)

When I made pizza dough, I generally freeze half so I can makea another later. This dough is Bob's Red Mill gluten free mix.



1 comments:

  1. Wow you are eating some amazing food!! The watermelon frosty looks so good, I've been wanting to try that recipe! Can't wait! The chocolate banana soft serve looks delicious too and the Native Foods Meal! The Greek Gyro bowl is right up my alley, I want to try that!! They need to open a NY location ASAP. The burrito sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...