Sunday, August 11, 2013

Color Me Monthly


This purple polish is something new. I stumbled across the brand Color Me Monthly which is a subscription service that sends you a bottle of polish each month. It was only $1 so I thought I'd give it a try. Normally it is $7 a month. This shade is called "Summer Tryst" (vegan). It's a very pretty shade and it does have a bit of rose coloured shimmer to it. It is a bit sheer but obviously not overly so or else this nail art wouldn't have worked out.  I used nail striping tape to get this look. It's a bit time consuming cutting the strip and putting them on but overall it's a pretty easy look to do. I recommend putting all of the strips on at once except your thumbs but only paint one finger at a time. Once it's painted pull of those strips right away. If you let it dry, it'll start to pull at the paint and mess up your design.  The base colour here is a franken.

This was a bit tricky to do just because my black polish (Wet n Wild "Black Creme" (vegan)) was giving me problems. It's supposed to look like ribbons. The pink is a favourite of mine, Zoya "Shelby" (vegan). It just screams Barbie to me!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...