Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Milani Shadow Eyez vs Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil


A simple outfit I wore over the weekend. I'm actually surprised we've been having some weather cool enough for pants! Not complaining though. 


I've been wanting to try the Milani Shadow Eyez (despite the lame name) for a while after seeing so many great reviews and swatches. So, when I spotted this one on clearance at Target last week (all Milani was on clearance! Wonder why they are clearing it all out), I grabbed it. Far as I can tell, they are vegan. They are very similar to other jumbo eye pencils, especially the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On ones so that is what I'm comparing it to. The shade I purchased is "Aqua Style".

One complaint I have with the Milani one is that the lid doesn't like to stay on that well. I'd be afraid to travel with it loose in my purse.

Here the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in "Clash" appears to be a lighter blue. In reality, they are pretty even.  The difference is that "Clash" contains glitter while "Aqua Style" does not.

Left: Aqua Style. Right: Clash.  
Top: Shade Bottom: Sun

After rubbing you can see that "Clash" has much better staying power. You can swim wearing it and it won't budge. Still, the Milani version stays put on my eyes all day so I have no complaints.

Overall, I really like the Milani and since the Urban Decay one isn't vegan (parent company tests on animals), it's a better option for me. I don't really like glitter so I do like that it doesn't have any of that. I'd really like to get my hands on "Green Safari"!

Here are two ways I wore "Aqua Style". A more subtle daytime look and a bolder night time look (Sorry for the crap iPhone pic).





1 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your outfit at the top - the pink t and tights. You look really cute and comfortable! Thanks for the swatch comparison, very helpful. x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...