Friday, July 3, 2015

Healthy Vegan Granola

This is my go to recipe for super easy granola. I love me some granola but the store bought ones can be VERY high in refined sugar. What I love about this recipe is that it is sweetened with dates and banana! It's easy to customize as well.  You can add any nuts, cacao nibs, dried fruit, coconut flakes etc


Healthy Vegan Granola

Ingredients:
2 cups oats (gluten free if you prefer)
1 cup chopped up dates
1/2 cup water
1 banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mix ins (I used unsweetened coconut and sunflower seeds in this batch)

Preheat oven to 275F.
Add the oats and mix ins to a bowl and set aside. In a small pot, add the dates and water and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 10min then pour it into a blender along with the banana and vanilla extract. Blend it until smooth. Add this mixture to your bowl of oats and stir. Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet, spreading it out. 
Cook for 40 min, stirring it half way. 
Let it cool on the sheet completely before transferring it to a storage container.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...