Shopping for a vegan and not sure what to buy? Well, allow me to help!
Animal foods: dairy (including whey and lactose), meat, gelatin (jello, gummy bears etc), eggs, fish.
Animal products: leather, silk, suede and wool. In makeup watch out for carmine, beeswax, collagen, keratin and lanolin.
^^ That's not a complete list but it's a start.
In order for an item to be truly vegan, it has to be cruelty free (not tested on animals) + contain no animal products. Some people, like myself, prefer it to be also owned by a cruelty free company.
You can look for products labelled as vegan and cruelty free. There are also helpful apps that can help you find vegan products by companies like Leaping Bunny and PETA.
Websites like Vegan Cuts and Petit Vour are 100% vegan.
Here are some items that fit the bill...
- Reusable glass drinking straws $22
- Bordeaux Handbag by Claret Handbags $50.75 (reg $145!)
- Yoga Box $39 (reg $139
- 100% Pure lip & cheek stain duo $50
- Colorpop Cosmetics lippie stix (Grunge) $5
- trusii tru.masque
- trusii tru.tea (yerba mate) $14.50
- Veg News magazine subscription $15 (reg $20)