Wednesday, January 26, 2011

chickenrecipe

I want to share tonight's dinner with all of you. I made up the recipe; it's really easy so don't be intimidated!

Stuffed Chicken Breast with Hot Salad
servings: 1 large

Ingredients:
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup black beans
2 tbsp chopped yellow onion
8 grape tomatoes sliced in half
1 dash lemon/lime juice (optional)
1 chicken breast (boneless)
5 spinach leaves
2tbsp cheese of choice
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
pinch of cilantro
pinch of pepper
pinch of chili powder
shake of salt

Preheat oven to 400F.

Mix together onion, corns and black beans. Add the seasonings until you get a flavour you like.  Add a dash of lemon/lime juice.  Cut a slit lengthwise through the chicken breast, creating a pocket.  Add the cheese, dash of salt and pepper, chopped up spinach and garlic.  

(not all the veggies are shown. I like more corn than beans!)

Spray a pan. Place your chicken breast in the pan and cook for 20min until the top begins to brown. Add the veggie mixture, spooning it in around the chicken and cook for another 8-10min.


Super easy, healthy and yummy!

... Hopefully I didn't screw this up. I'm not used to sharing my recipes! I have a few more planned. I know this is primarily a fashion blog but at the end of the day, it's a lifestyle blog and cooking is a part of my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...