Wednesday, June 8, 2011

newpolishes

So in between my last manicure and my current Stanley Cup one, I decided to swatch some of my newer polishes.  I have scored some great deals lately! Here is how much I paid for the polishes below, from left to right... 19cents (2/$4 + $2 off coupon), nothing because it was a gift haha, N/A, 49cents (CVS clearance 75% off) and $2.99 (marked down from $7.50 + I used a $5 off $10 coupon with a few other purchases).

from left: Rimmel London in "Steel Gray", OPI in "A Ruby for Rudolph", franken I call "Purple Bomb", NYC in "West Village" and Ulta in "Green with Envy".

So here they are, swatched, in the same order.   Yes, the nail on my index finger is broken. I hadn't been photographing it but for some reason, that is the hand I decided to do swatches on. I did NOT do any clean up since I was taking these off soon after.

Green with Envy has such a pretty shimmer to it

Then I wanted to try out two new topcoats. The first one, Pure Ice in "Spitfire" was another gift.  I paid 24cents for the NYC in "Love Letters" polish at the same CVS clearance. I thought I wouldn't like Love Letters but it was a very pleasant surprise!

sorry it's so blurry

I layered "Spitfire" over my middle and baby finger. It looked really cool over "Steel Gray" but was meh over my already glittery franken. I layered "Love Letters" over my index, ring and thumb. AMAZING. It gives it a cool shimmer effect with duochrome! It was very hard to capture in pictures.
you can see on my thumb that it is shining purple. that is from "Love Letters".

 It wasn't as cool on my index finger. I think it's best over really dark colours.



in the sun, you couldn't really see the duochrome effect, the nail just became super sparkly

I also swatched my new Funky Fingers polishes! You can't buy these here. I think the only store that carries them is Five Below and they aren't in California.  Traci from The Trace Face Philes picked some up to sell so I bought the three holo glitters from her! It only cost me $9 total ($2 each plus $3 shipping), not bad at all.  My Icing glitter holo was $4.50 alone.  These are sooooo sparkly and pretty!!

The blue (pointer finger) is "Baby Baby Baby", gold (middle finger) is "Golden Coast" and the purple (index finger) is "Sand and Stilettos".

 blurred to see more holo effect

I have one more REALLY cool polish on its way to me!  I also ordered nail wheels so I can finally do proper swatches on that instead of my pieces of paper. I'm excited for that, haha.

Hair and Makeup Challenge
Makeup look #11

Onto the makeup. I love doing one colour on the lids and a different colour on the lower lash line! The way my eyelids are, they sort of hide eyeshadow so doing my lower lash line is much more noticeable. Here, I went with a bronze/gold look with a teal below.  For bronze, I used Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Birthday Suit. It's such a great eyeshadow. It goes on really smooth and DOES NOT BUDGE. I got it in a kit  so I didn't pay full price (not even close) but I'd love to get some more of these. Then along the lash/outside corner/crease I used a wet brush with Sally Girl Baked Eyeshadow in  which is really nice. They're tiny little eyeshadows but it will last a long time because you don't use much at a time.  And yes, this is the same ELF eyeshadow I wore in the previous post; it's such a cute shade!






 What I used
+ ELF Mineral Eyeshadow in "Dreamy" bottom lash line, *Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in "Hot Pink" on lips.

*Highly recommend this gloss. It's not super pigmented but it's very very smooth, long lasting and moisturizing.  I got it for 40% off though. I wouldn't have paid $6-$7 for it; that's a lot for a gloss!


ETA: Wow. I feel incredibly dumb. I thought (pretty sure I have ALWAYS thought this) that your index finger was your ring finger! Wtfff. I called the "index finger" the pointer finger!  Fixed my mistakes above. :/

2 comments:

  1. Oh your makeup looks so pretty! And I love those glosses- they are great like you said. Have you tried the new ColorBurst ones? I love those, too (although they're expensive which is why I only have one still haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Sophie!! I am glad you are enjoying them!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...