Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Layers and Lipstick

Let's talk about lipstick. Because I love lipstick. I've acquired quite a few tubes this year! I bought another three just recently! They're all inexpensive though so it's okay. These are some darker colours I'm loving. The red shouldn't be there but I do looove that brand so I'll include it anyway. 


1. Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor "792 Orchid"
2. Wet n Wild "522A" (silver case)
3. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream "Amsterdam"
4. Wet n Wild Perfect Pair Lip Wand "123"
5. Wet n Wild " 552A" (silver case)
6. Wet n Wild "916D" (black case)

They were all under $2 except NYX which I think is $5.99 but I had a $3.50 off $10 coupon so I used it as part of that.  I love all of these shades!  #1 is a bit more subtle but holy crap, stays on forever haha #2 and #5 are part o the same line and I own quite a few. They very pigmented which I like; I sometimes apply them with a lip brush to get even application. They will wear off though so if I want to keep it on all day I do have to reappy. #3 is, like I said, a favourite brand. It wears suuper soft, matte and stays on your lips really well, fading evenly. #4 is my current favourite for dark lip colours so I'm really glad I bought it on a whim. It also has a matching lip liner in the same wand which is handy. #6 I got for 50cents recently because I had a coupon. I wasn't sure I'd like purple on me but I do! I use a lipbrush to apply this one or else the colour is a bit overwhelming. the wear is about the same as other WnW lipsticks.

Okay, let's see how these wear.

after smudging with finger. This would be comparable to it coming off on your drinking glass.

After smudging + being run under water 

After smuding + being run under water + being scrubbed with fingers under water 

 As you can see, that Maybelline stain does not budge! I think they discontinued this line but I'm pretty sure the new ones are the same thing just repackaged. I won't buy Maybelline now because they test on animals but it is an amazing stain. The rest all wore pretty similarly but I will say that the lip want and NYX do wear longer on my lips. Also, the NYX fades nice and even where as the Wet n Wilds come off a bit less evenly. 

Here I wore Wet n Wild Perfect Pair Lip Wand "123".   I love Fall weather outfits...layers!


 (shirt + toque Charlotte Russe, skirt Victoria's Secret, boots gojane.com)

I always hear people say they are afraid to wear lipstick even though they love it. Do not be afraid! I thought it looked odd on me at first but once I got used to it, I loved it. It's a great way to punch up a look and you don't have to be particularly good with makeup to pull it off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...