Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14th

Happy Valentine's Day! Personally, I'm a fan. I think having a day to remind us how important it is to show and tell others that we care about them is a wonderful thing!  My husband and I don't generally "celebrate it". There is a lot of pressure to be romantic, give gifts etc but I think what really matters is just having people around that you love and I do!  I did get him a card and am making these mug cakes tonight while we watch The Voice. :)

Sinful Colors are on sale for 99cents this week at Walgreens. I picked up two from the heartbreaker line including this one, "Glass Pink". It is a very sheet baby pink with a gorgeous golden shimmer made up of tiny glass flecks. I layered it over Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Pink Blink" but should have done two coats of that to avoid streaks- oops!  I did the heart and word 'love' using a Kiss Nails polish pen.


I know I just talked about makeup but you guys have got to check out Lisa Elridge!  She is a professional makeup artist who has done many well  known celebrities' makeup. Her videos have so much great information and she teaches you both basics and complete looks. Check it out!

Makeup I wore today minus the lipstick.
Face: Avon foundation, Minerologie concealer, elf under eye concealer/highlighter stick (LOVE this!!!)
Eyes: Madd Style Pop n Lock, elf palette, elf Mineral Eyeshadow "Sassy" and "Innocent", Sally Girl eyeshadow "Dusty Rose", Essence 2 in 1 kajal eyeliner, Sephora mascara
Cheeks: elf contouring blush and bronzer kit (wish this wasn't sparkly but otherwise love it)
Brows: elf brow kit
Lips: Wet n Wild Mega Last "Mauve Outta the Way"


Today I went for rose/plum colours and my new FAVOURITE lipstick, which is not in the below picture.  I saw it on Killer Colours and then on Vampy Varnish and knew I had to have. It is Wet n Wild Mega Last lipstick in "Mauve Outta the Way" aka 907C. It goes on very very opaque, has a satin finish, is soft but not sticky, is not drying and stays put!! The only way I got these swatches off was with soap in the shower, after a full 24 hours haha I'm hoping to pick up some more colours soon!  The second colour is "In the Flesh" aka 912C but I haven't worn it yet.  My only complaint with these lipsticks is that the name is on the wrapper which you take off...so then all you have is the number. Annoying.

I planned this outfit around a scarf...and then forgot to wear the scarf. Seriously. hahaha It is this pretty pale pink scarf with little hearts! I had been waiting for today to wear it for the first time! *Smacks head*  Oh well. I do like the soft colours of this outfit.

haha It was windy!
(top Charlotte Russe, skirt Victoria's Secret, shoes Target, cardigan Old Navy)

3 comments:

  1. Your nails are so cute ! Beautiful pics !

    http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com
    Vedette Shapewear Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Eldridge is so amazing! I love your makeup in these pictures, too. Rose/plum colors are my favorite. :) Sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nails! As a treat to myself on V-Day, I got a manicure, but I always default to getting a French... so unoriginal! If I had a steady hand like you, I'd totally try some of these out... I had trouble enough just painting my right hand with ONE color.

    Loving your blog, especially the vegan recipes :D I'm vegetarian, but leaning toward giving veganism a go-around.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...