Monday, February 13, 2012

Makeup Obsessed

 Simple outfit but I love this necklace peeking out from beneath the collar.

(sweater Old Navy mens, shirt Old Navy, boots gojane.com, jeans Target, necklace Glint & Gleam) 

I've been trying out some new eyeshadow looks. Any tips for taking great detail shots? Mine look so washed out! I swear the colours look more pigmented in person.  Still, isn't is great being a girl (or just someone who can wear makeup without ridicule, I suppose!)?  Makeup is so much fun.  I wasn't that into it as a teen so it is fun to play with it now.  I just don't like to look TOO made up... I think we all draw the line at varying points for that but I like my brows and skin to at least look more natural.

Anyway, this eyeshadow look goes from gold/brown to light blue/teal to dark blue.

Products used:
Skin: Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer "Halo", Wet n Wild Natural Blend Pressed Powder "Bare", Mineralogie Ultimate Cream Concealer "U3", 
Eyes: elf Studio palette "Cool'", CoverGirl Eye Enhancers (blue palette; super old), Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil "Angle Noir",  elf eyeshadow "Angelic", Sally Girl Eyeshadow "Aqua", Avon Dual Ended Eyeliner "Black/White", Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil "Zero", Benefit Stay Don't Stray primer, Madd Style Cosmetics Pop N Lock (whitebase), Urban Decay Vegan Palette and Buxom mascara
Brows: elf Eyebrow Kit "Light"
Cheeks: Sally Girl Blush "Rubor"
Lips:  Say Yes to Carrots Color Balm "Rose Balm"

 Here are some gorgeous looks I've saved!

 I find her looks a bit dramatic but it's still great inspiration; you can always downplay the intensity.

 Temptalia
Tons of reviews on this blog. She uses a lot of MAC and expensive brands but I do love her eyeshadow looks because they are unique but they don't look like costume makeup.

She has some great looks plus some super gross special effects looks, hehe.

A more made up look than I personally wear but lovely use of colours as well as tips for contouring and such.

 I am obsessed! I love how her looks are daring but not "over the top'. She does a great job of pairing lipstick with her eye looks. She's also vegan!

Lots of pretty eyeshadow looks from soft to glam to punk.



Beautylish is a great site for finding makeup inspiration and new blogs to read! Just browse through the photos and you will find plenty. I found both Psycho Sandra and Killer Colours that way.


Youtube is great for tutorials. A lot of the time, a look has a lot more products/steps than you can see just by looking at the finished look. A few of my favourite tutorial artists are:  Makeup Geek TV, MakeupByTiffanyDPrimpedPreenNPeachy and MakeupByAlli.

2 comments:

  1. that necklace is AMAZING! and thanks for pointing me towards some fabulously glamorous ladies :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...