Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lovely Lips

I think blue eyeshadow still reminds people of the awful looks done in the 80's but it really can be done well, I think! Here I did a dark matte navy in the crease with a bright icy blue eyeliner for something a little different.  Here's some gigantic pictures of my face, wham!


Check out my toesies. Zoya "Paz" is an AWESOME pedi colour. It is so freakin' bright! I took it off in place for a Spring pastel shade of purple but this is definitely going back on in a couple months.


A very simple outfit with pops of colour.  Pink, green and blue.

(skirt Victoria's Secret, shoes H&M, belt Target, top Old Navy)

 And here are some swatches of those lipsticks I posted yesterday. Oh, how I love lipstick! It's such an easy way to add colour to your face or to make yourself appear more pulled together.


Milani "Mandarina", Jordana "Pink Passion", Jordana "Matte Nude" and NYC "Haute Melon"
smudged

 I first saw swatches of Milani "Mandarina" on Temptalia's blog. Her skin tone is very different than mine but I just loved how orange this lipstick was. I had been looking for a great orange lipstick. Well, this one does not disappoint. It is SO pigmented and opaque. It does feel a bit thick and heavy on the lips just in the sense that you are aware that you have lipstick on.  It does stay put though.  The wear on this was really really great. You'd have to reapply it after eating to keep it completely good as new but if you don't, no big deal, it still looks really good.  The tip is a funny shape but it made for very precise application. You will want a mirror for applying this but straight from the tube works fine, no brush needed.

 Next I have Jordana "Pink Passion".  I bought this after seeing it on The Makeup Box and then it was only $1.50 on Beauty Joint! This is a matte lipstick. I'd describe it as a dusky pink but it is very opaque and does give a lot of colour. It is scented when it goes on (some people say they smell like plastic but I didn't think that. I thought it smelled okay) but I didn't notice if once I was wearing it. Like most matte lipsticks, make sure you have well moisurized (not wet just not dry) lips before applying this so that it doesn't look too dry. I love the wear time on matte lipsticks. I find they stay put SO well and they wear off evenly, not patchy. I'm so happy with these Jordana lipsticks...I want more!


Here is "Pink Passion" compared to two other matte lipsticks I own which are from the Wet n Wild Megalast line.

Wet n Wild MegaLast "Mauve Outta Here 907C", Jordana "Pink Passion" and Wet n Wild Megalast "In the Flesh 912C)

Now here is Jordana "Matte Nude".  I only owned one nude lipstick and it wasn't my favourite so I thought I'd give this a try.  Again, it looks dry if your lips are dry because these aren't very moisturizing but as long as my lips are in good shape, I love this and prefer it to my other nude lipstick. It has a more natural  look. These are very lightweight and don't feel at all heavy on your lips.


Compared to Revlon it is a bit more sheer which I personally prefer in a nude lipstick. The Revlon one was just too shiny and opaque, I felt. When I wear it, I apply very little or else it reminds me of a mannequin or something. haha "Almost Nude" is quite moisturizing though. I like to apply a balm over "Matte Nude" to get the same feel.


Jordana "Matte Nude" and Revlon "Almost Nude"

NYX "Haute Melon" is what I'd call a neon coral. It leans more on the sheer side but the colour is still very bright and noticeable. It's great if you are wanting to try bright lipstick but don't want to go super bold. You can build up the colour up too. It's a very moist lipstick. I really love how this feels on my lips, sort of like it's a tinted balm. I also like the packaging a lot, the colour strip at the bottom is handy.  I own another NYX lipstick in "Strawberry Milk" but unfortunately it's just not right on  my face so it's up for sale in my shop!

I compared this to some of orange/coral shades.
Milani "Mandarina", NYX "Haute Melon" and Clinique "Beach Coral"

"Mandarina" is very orange (and omg so opaque), "Haute Melon" is much brighter in person but as you can, more sheer as well and then "Beach Coral" leans a bit more red in comparison.


Also, here's a more colour accurate picture of China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy". I have been wanting it for so long so I finally just said what the heck and got it. It's a really great hot neon coral pink. It looks just pink in a lot of pictures (neons never photograph very well) but here you can see the true colour when it is against another hot pink (Sinful Colors "24/7") and another coral polish (Zoya "Maya").



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...