Monday, May 21, 2012

Polish Polish Polish

My swatch sticks finally arrived! I decided to switch from nail wheels to this. It just makes it easy to organize them my colour and really keep track. I mainly do it to avoid buying any dupes!  I spent a couple hours swatching 185 polishes, phew! I am adding a lot of polishes to my blog sale very soon. :) Here are just a few pictures of some of the swatches.

untrieds

purples

light pinks/nude

greens

bright pinks

Two of  my favourite colors to buy is turquoise and teal but I always hesitate because I'm afraid I'll end up with dupes! Well, so far so good. Here are some swatch comparisons from ones in my collection. I was most curious about Zoya "Wednesday" vs China Glaze "For Audrey" but "Wednesday" is definitely more green.

 Zoya "Wednesday" (creme), China Glaze "For Audrey" (creme), Claire's polish (metallic), Sinful Colors "Savage" (matte), Jesse's Girl "Mermaid's Lagoon" (shimmer), Sally Hansen "Jade Jump" (creme), Sinful Colors "Mint Apple" (shimmer) & Color Club "Blue-ming" (creme).
 Wednesday vs For Audrey
Wednesday, For Audry, Savage, Mermaid's Lagoon, Claire's polish
Mint Apple, Jade Jump, Blue-ming

I wore this but am going to add it to the blog sale at a great discounted price. It is one of Claire's mood polishes. It changes colors depending on the heat! Pretty cool, right? If your nails are longer, the tip will remain a different colour. These really do change colours! This one is "bored/excited" which is a coral shade. It can look more orange or pink depending on the light.


Running your dry nails under hot or cold water gets the polish to change colour very quickly so I did that just so you can see the difference.


3 comments:

  1. Wow you have such a great collection! Very impressive ;) I can see why you'd have to keep track! I have like 15 bottles and I duplicated one ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, a comparison between Wednesday and For Audrey! I have been looking all over for pics of these two together. Thanks!

    Swatchsicles are a great way of keeping your stash organised aren't they? I've just finished swatching half of mine, took so long but it's well worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...