Friday, July 13, 2012

Beer, Carbs & Insanity


This week has been a bit indulgent in the food area! I am doing a juice cleanse this coming week though. I find my body just craves it around every 8 weeks or so now. And I feel better once I'm done.  I am always working to eat cleaner but to still find a balance of really enjoying what I eat, trying new things etc.  Plus, I just can't give up beer haha So yeah, fair warning, it is a lot of beer and carbs below but I swear when I have meals like that I do balance them out the best I can with other things!

Not the most appetizing looking but these tacos were deeelish. Refried beans, avocado, grilled red pepper and mushrooms, mango salsa... yum.

We found this new brewery near us and the beer is sooo good. A flight like this is $5 and it actually got me buzzed since most of mine were 9-12% haha

I fell off the salad wagon a bit but am still eating them just maybe not every day. This is sort of this one and it is so good! I used Annie's Goddess dressing.

Oh look, more beer. haha Those growlers are re-fillable at Karl Strauss for just $8 (is about the equivalent of a 6 pack),  not bad. And those apple wontons I made were yum!

Prepping some rosemary wedges to grill. So good.

Pizza crust from Chloe's Kitchen topped with sauce, pineapple, zucchini, mushrooms, olives, onion and BBQ sauce.

Simple orange tofu dish

Banana soft serve with coconut

Pierogies! I am obsessed with having mustard on them now haha Hey, it's healthier than the typical sour cream topping. I had them with avocado (also a strange choice but I love avocado with most anything) plus some grilled veggies.

Birthday food! My husband and I went to The Fish Joint which is a sushi place that has a vegan sushi menu. It's fusion sushi, not your typical sushi. It's owned by the same people as Hill St Cafe, one of our favourite places. They are located right next to each other (they share a garden/patio area) so you can order off either menu! Awesome because you have tons of choices. Husband and I shared some really good grilled veggies and garlic bread (which they never make with butter and the rosemary is yum) that came with really tasty hummus and a balsamic dressing. That beer is my Kona Porter, mmm. I told you, lots of beer lately!  Above is my meal, the vegan mango roll. SO GOOD. I loved it. it was filled with sundried tomato and avocado but worked really well with the mango salsa.

That night I went to Davina's Cabo which is a Mexican restaurant/club that has rooftop seating (ocean view). They have 2 for 1 happy hour every day so it's pretty popular. This was my free dessert a friend got me, not that I could eat it, but it was sweet!  Another friend brought me a slice of a chocolate vegan cake so I shared  that with everyone. I also drank a ridiculous amount.. for a while I was good about not having more than 3 drinks but yeah. I need to go back to that because otherwise the hangover the next day is awful. 

This was my hungover dinner last night (hence the pjs). haha It looks like a vegan kids meal. Cucumber with goddess dressing, sweet potato fries and Gardein "chicken" strips. 

I'm on month two of Insanity and it is MUCH harder. Wow. But it's exciting because it just makes me feel that much more confident in what my final results will look like. Here is a pic of my progress so far. At first I didn't notice a difference but I can see it now. I am a bit more toned which makes sense since I am also a bit stronger. I can mostly see it in my abs.





2 comments:

  1. I'm on week two of Insanity! I haven't been following the routine exactly (my friend has the DVDs and we're supposed to be doing them together but he's been kind of off and on, lol), but I'm just trying to get back into exercising regularly and it's a great way to push yourself. Glad to hear from someone else who is further into it!
    That banana soft serve looks so yummy, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on week 3 of insanity and I can definitely see some difference on my body! It's really tough though and sometimes I just let my laziness win and stop doing it for a few days...:S

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...