Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Birthday Nails

I am 25 today.  I feel like a real adult! haha Not that you aren't an adult at 24 but officially being in my mid twenties just has me feeling older.  I feel like I'm out of that "woo I'm 21 let's party" age category now.  Not that I don't still party now and then.

I love birthdays. I think having one day a year where it can be all about you is awesome.  That said, I often find my birthday disappointing, like I hope for more than I end up getting. I don't mean gift wise, just experience wise. Today I plan on going to the beach, by myself, and then meeting up with friends for happy hour drinks. Hopefully everyone who is supposed to come can!  I think birthdays tend to mean more to the person having it than anyone else. haha I'm hoping my husband gets home early so we can get lunch at this vegan sushi place I've been wanting to try but if not he will still be able to join me for drinks. Anytime we can celebrate a birthday or holiday together, I am happy, because with the military life that is not always the case!

Here are my birthday nails. I love love neon over a nude polish so I just ran with that. Last year I did all cupcake nails so this year I did just one. I'm really happy with these.


Colours used:
Orly "Decades of Dysfunction"
Sinful Colors "24/7"
Sinful Colors "Neon Melon"
Cosmetic Arts no name
Kleancolor "Twinkly Love"

I love nude polishes because they provide such a great blank canvas for nail art.  This one is new. It's Orly "Decades of Dysfunction" from the Dark Shadows (as in the Tim Burton movie) line. I love it!  I have a few nude polishes now so here's some swatch comparisons.  I love them all. Julep "Pippa" is for sure a favourite, that shade just works well with my skin tone.

L-R:  Julep "Pippa" (beige nude cream), Zoya "Pandora" (big darker than "Pippa"), Zoya "Melodie" (shimmer), Julep "Malin" (leans more pink), Orly "Decades of Dysfunction" (leans more pink/white), Milani "Peach Creme" (sheer)
 Julep "Pippa" and Orly "Decades of Dysfunction".  Not as similar as I'd originally thought. "Pippa" is much darker, more beige, where as "Decades of Dysfunction" leans more pink/white but on my nails they are both nude polishes.




2 comments:

  1. oh my, your nails are beyond adorable!! i just love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously in love with your birthday nails!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...