Saturday, July 28, 2012

Packing: Cosmetics

- scheduled post while I'm on vacation -


I have a pretty big cosmetics bag so I didn't skimp in the makeup department. hehe I wanted a mix of bright colours, brown/nudes, glitter and makeup that won't sweat off! Obviously I won't wear all of this but I figured it's good to have options. I like this bag because I can clearly see everything, although the zipper is busted on one side. I basically packed my favourite items to wear, keeping in mind some looks I know I want to do.

For skincare, I kept it simple with my three Befine products that I love.  Moisturizer with SPF (a must), cleanser for the morning and the night cream. I also packed some Kiss My Face and Alba Botanica sunscreen for my body. My foundation also has SPF in it. That's my favourite deodorant right now; lasts very well. I also grabbed some Mary Kay aloe in case I get sunburned (hopefully I won't!); it was given to me for free. Obviously I also packed toothbrush, toothpaste (Toms) and floss!

Whenever I get samples that I'm not using right away, I toss them into a bag I keep under my bathroom sink. That bag has gotten pretty full! So when I travel I tend to just take stuff from there rather then filling up little bottles myself.  I did fill up one with makeup remover and then I have my cleansing cloth to use with that in the evenings. I always grabbed shampoo and conditioner although I won't need it all because I plan on bringing dry shampoo (forgot to get a picture of that). There's a little thing of body wash, a hair heat protecting spray (I'm bringing my flat iron), hair oil, a moist toilette and I put some of my Euphora smoothing serum into a container. I can't go without that Euphora stuff after washing my hair, it's awesome!

Face products. I have Mary Kay mineral foundation for day and Tarte Amazonion Clay foundation for night or when I want more coverage. I have my POP Beauty UK primer, elf eyelid primer, rose/pink/peach blushes (Wet n Wild, elf and Milani), concealer (Benefit and Sheer Cover), bronzer and brow liner (NYC).

Eyes. Elf palette for bright colours, Urban Decay vegan palette for glitter and just really great eyeshadows, Meet Matte palette for matte eyeshadows, Urban Decay black eyeliner for waterline, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On eyeshadow sticks because they do not budge!, Pop UK Beauty and Benefit brown shadows (pressed and cream) because they are favourites, MAC and elf cream eyeliner which also stay put very well, some Sally Girl glitters because it's freakin' Vegas, NYC white shadow pencil, NARS black shadow pencil and my favourite mascara Blinc.

Lips. More than I will possibly wear, I know. Pop UK Beauty stain (very subtle, easy to apply without a mirror), NYX soft matte lip creams, Wet n Wild matte lipsticks, NYX orange lipstick, Sugar Lip Scrub balm (AMAZING but unfortunately not vegan and stupidly expensive. Only reason I have a mini set is because it was my free birthday gift from Sephora!) and an elf lip primer/concealer.

This is what I have in my purse, which I will eventually get a picture of. Wallet, passport/ID, natural hand sanitizer, band aids (damn shoes), brush/mirror, sunglasses, cuticle oil, Sugar Lip scrub balm, nude matte lipstick (works with any look), Befine lip serum (great for a glossy lip or to wear before bed- wake up with it still on and super soft lips!), mini sunscreen bottle for touch ups and a flower clip.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...