Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Packing: Outfits

- scheduled post while I'm on vacation -

I decided to document what I packed for my four day trip to Vegas this week. I thought maybe I could share some useful tips! Obviously I don't take pictures every time I pack to go somewhere (try never), that's just for blogging purposes! But I do try to plan out outfits with accessories in my mind. That way, I know I have full outfits and not just random pieces plus I can avoid over packing.  I like to choose items that mix and match well so I don't feel like I absolutely have to wear, say, four certain outfits.

Because it's Vegas I have outfits for day and night. It's going to be over 100F during the day and still over 80F at night. I'm bringing a black blazer but not sure I'll ever even wear it. I went with comfortable, bright outfits for a day and sexier black outfits for night, keeping in mind how hot it's going to be.

I chose two outfits for each day that I'll be there but they can easily be mixed up to create different or more outfits. I am going to bring a backup pair of shoes in case those sandals start to hurt. For night, a pair of black pumps and nude/beige wedges work with any outfit. They are also comfortable and easy to walk in.

Day
Wednesday
High waist blue shorts, yellow tank, sandals, bird necklace, hair scarf and flower studs

Thursday
Yellow lace sundress (just bought this and haven't worn it yet!), sandals, hair bow and flower earrings.

Friday
Peplum top with or without belt, black pumps (I never wear pumps with heels but I love it when I see it on other fashion blogs!) and bow bracelet.

Saturday
Neon top, white shorts, sandals and colourful bracelets. 

Night
Wednesday night
Draped tank top, ruched mini skirt (does not photograph well haha), wedges, bow bracelet and earrings

Thursday night
Little black tank dress with statement earrings and wedges

Friday night
Draped black tank top with black pencil skirt, pumps and simple bracelet

Extra outfit! Works for day or night. I might end up wearing this on Saturday.
Polka dot dress, wedges, flower stud earrings, black belt and colourful bracelets

As you can probably see, this could be narrowed down even more. There are a few items that will only be worn once but if I wanted, I could remove those and mix and match some more. I have plenty of room in my bag for it all though, so why not!

I do plan on doing some shopping at H&M so maybe I'll end up with something new to wear!

Tomorrow I'll show you what I packed for cosmetics. 

1 comments:

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...