Friday, August 17, 2012

Some Comfort Foods


Lots of yummy food this week!

groceries: almond yogurt, apples, almond butter, cucumber, hummus, ginger, trail mix, chickpeas, jam, coconut water, almonds, oats, celery, tabouli, gluten free pasta, bananas, pineapple, juice, bread, flax milk, grapes, zucchini, grapefruit, flour, Tofutti sour cream, lemons, limes, mushrooms, herbs, tomatoes and blueberries.
restaurant leftovers I added black beans and avocado to

tofu scramble and hashbrowns with veggies 

vegan clam chowder! didn't come out creamy like I'd hoped but that may be because I used flax milk rather than soy. it is delicious though! recipe here.

tabouli salad which was really delicious with Greek salad, roasted chickpeas and pita.

 chocolate shakes for my husband and I. made with flax milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, spinach and frozen bananas! 

I've been juicing at least once a day. On Monday I juiced all day except dinner. :)

stuffed some grape leaves with leftover tabouli and chickpeas. omg so good.

zucchini pancakes with a pineapple sweet n sour stir fry.

my oatmeal pictures are ugly but I eat it quite often. this one had fresh pineapple and coconut!

leftover "clam" chowder with avocado toast 

enjoying some popcorn and a book

mac n cheese from Chloe's Kitchen cookbook with added kale. this was delicious! I used gluten free pasta too. when I first became vegan I found this sort of meal a bit odd tasting because I was still used to the actual taste of cheese but now that I've been vegan for 10 months... I no longer crave or properly remember the taste of cheese so this tastes amazing! my husband won't eat it though; he still has cheese sometimes. so maybe not a great meal for cheese eaters?

iced coffee

a favourite juice of mine right now. this one was pineapple, cucumber, broccoli and coconut water. I also had it with celery instead of broccoli and that was great too! very refreshing.

oatmeal bars; easy breakfast and good to pack n my husband's lunches. I used less maple syrup since I don't normally even sweeten my oatmeal. 

tofu quiche! I was so happy with  how this turned out. next time I will also add spinach. I used this pie crust recipe and this quiche recipe.

2 comments:

  1. This post couldn't have come at a better time! I have been craving comfort foods like crazy yet haven't had an appetite to eat anything! Your meals look so good though, I bet I could convince myself to eat some rice and beans and avocado, tofu scramble, milk shakes(!!!! I've been craving ice cream like crazy), mac n cheese and quiche. Yum, everything looks great!

    Thanks for your kind words, hopefully it will all pass soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuffed grape leaves look so yummy! Everything does. This gives me so much inspiration to cook (which I never, EVER do LOL).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...