Thursday, September 27, 2012

Elf Haul Review Part I

I recently placed and order with eyeslipface.com and wanted to share my thoughts on the products. The promotion was $20 worth of Mineral products for free with any $20 order plus shipping. Pretty sweet! elf products can be very hit or miss but I have a lot of favourites (which I will share in another post).  Yes, they are cruelty free and vegan!


First up are the Studio products. You can find some of these in Target stores. The items are usually around $3 each.

3-in-1 Mascara, HD blush in Superstar, Cream Eyeshadow in Pewter and Maximum Coverage Concealer Oil Free in Porcelain 

I was hesitant about the mascara. I'm rather new to wearing it but I find it's a product that if it's bad,  it's really bad. I love Blinc mascara but have felt iffy about other I've tried. However, this had really good reviews so I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did! I actually really like this brush shape, it makes application so easy! Especially getting those lashes in the inner corner. It's not very dramatic or thickening but it definitely lengthened my lashes and it didn't clump or smudge. It also really lasts. I've noticed it doesn't come off when I watch my face so you'd need makeup remover to fully remove it.  If you like a more natural look with your mascaras, give this a try. If you like a very dramatic look, it probably isn't for you. Keep in mind, I have very sparse, short lashes!


This HD blush is a new product that a lot of people seemed to be excited about. I think the bottle is adorable! Downside to pump application is that it generally leaves a bit in the very bottom of the bottle. This has mega colour pay off but blends very nicely and easily. I really like it and wouldn't mind picking up another shade or two.  The formula is surprisingly watery, not sure if it will be less so the more I use it, but it works so whatever. *Update* On the third use, the water part was gone and it is a very nice consistency. I'm impressed with how easy this is to blend too.





I already own one of the Cream Eyeshadows in Candlelight and love it. This is sooo budge proof! In fact, the swatch of this didn't come off with just a facecloth and water. It works great as a base for other shadows or on it's own. I actually used the brush it came with; it works well for applying but not blending. Trick is to work quickly with these as once they dry/set they really don't want to move/blend at all.

smudged

This concealer also has really good reviews. I own a few different concealers. I don't get zits/pimples often but I like to use it under my eyes and to cover any redness, especially on my chin.  This applies almost like foundation but thicker. It blends nicely and worked great for covering redness! I also like it under my eyes. I got a very light colour so I feel it works a bit as a highlight to brighten beneath my eyes. It stays put on me all day and isn't drying or greasy at all. So far I'm very happy with this product! I can get away with just wearing it and a bit of powder or mineral foundation for a very natural look. I've also worn it on top of a liquid foundation with a bit of powder on top. Below, I'm wearing it without foundation/powder of any sort.

also wearing the blush, cream eyeshadow and mascara

1 comments:

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...