Friday, July 12, 2013

Vegas Eats + More


Vegas:
I brought a lot of food to Vegas! We had a small fridge in our room which was very handy. I ate breakfasts at our hotel plus a few snacks.  We didn't eat everything you see here but a fair bit.

Our first dinner was at Red Velvet Cafe. Tons of healthy and vegan options! We both ordered these pitas that were SO good. All of those desserts you see are vegan but we didn't get any. Definitely recommend this place if you want something healthy. They even have fresh juice.

Breakfast one morning. I brought homemade almond milk but the stupid fridge was always too cold so it kept freezing things!

These are like cupcakes! Very yummy chocolate squash muffins.

PB & J one day with homemade strawberry chia jam and homemade peanut butter.

I'd never made a big batch of smoothies to drink later before but they lasted quite well! And I was thankful to have something like this on hand.

My first time getting a trenta size at Starbucks. haha It was a peach green tea drink. And a homemade date bar.

Appetizers at Slice of Vegas. This was the restaurant I was most excited to go to and it did not disappoint! Not healthy but definitely delicious and they have an entire vegan menu. This was the buffalo wings with jerk sauce and garlic bread.

I forget the name of this place, in the garden of Flamingo hotel but the guacamole is great! They make it fresh at your table. They normally add cheese but I had that left out.

I soaked some oats and added nuts and dried fruit one morning.

More appetizers at Slice of Vegas. We were indulging! My husband had buffalo wings again and I had the cauliflower.

Slice of Vegas buffalo pizza! This was SO good. I need to recreate it at home! Just the right amount of buffalo sauce on a thin crust you could fold up to eat.

Groceries:

Breakfast:
Waffles. Not as good as more classic waffles but still tasty and a great ingredients list!

Lunch/Snacks:
I've been using The Amazing Meal protein powder lately. It tastes very grassy, kinda like wheatgrass, but I like it. Here I added frozen blueberries, banana and almond milk.
Left: orange juice, almond milk, banana, The Amazing Meal protein, unsweetened cocoa powder. Right: spirulina, psyllium husk, almond milk, chia seeds, banana, chlorophyll

Dinner:
Messy pic but yum!  I hadn't had macaroni salad in a while. I used gluten free noodles.


 Green smoothie!

The cashew cheese again in a quesadilla

Yummy burrito! I made this cheese and really like it.

I made a burrito like this one today but turned out my tofu was bad! Not sure how that happened...it expired two months ago apparently! I made this sour cream but it's kinda bland.


Dessert:
These brownies. I really liked the addition of blueberries! They were delicious but the texture was a bit off like they were very sticky!

Frozen banana + cocoa powder soft serve. Never gets old.

I made these yesterday for my birthday. Today I'm going to make the shake! They don't really taste like Oreos and mine look way different but they are delicious!


1 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of delicious eats! I love that you brought food with you to Vegas. I think it's a great way to save a little money on vacation and it's nice to know that there will always be good vegan food around in case you need it :) Everything looks so delicious! I can't wait to try the peach green tea drink from Starbucks, it sounds sooooooo good!

    Happy belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...