Friday, September 6, 2013

Simple Eats


Short post this week. The higher temps make me just want to eat fruit all day long haha 

CSA:
Broccoli, lettuce, grapes, tomatoes, plums, eggplant, peppers, green onions and basil

Breakfasts:
Whole wheat pancake topped with applesauce, goji berries and a bit of grade b maple syrup
Protein frapp. Coffee, splash of milk, ice and chocolate protein powder
Looks gross but this has been a favourite since I was a kid. Cheerios (or something similar) with oatmeal and almond milk. Mmm. You make the oatmeal and then add the Cheerios + milk.
This looks disgusting but it was good! I put oats and chocolate protein powder in my blender and chopped it up then cooked it with water and homemade nut butter.  The texture was good vs adding the protein powder to the cooking oats which is weird.
Tofu "egg" sandwich.

Lunch/Snacks:
Homemade tortillas filled with lettuce, avocado, sauteed mushrooms, refried beans etc
Tortillas filled with Archer Farms peach salsa and refried beans.
Grape, broccoli and plum juice.

Dinners:
Delicious salad of spinach, lettuce, mushrooms, pear, raisins, avocado and Annie's Papaya Poppyseed dressing.
Whole wheat pizza topped with Yves "turkey" slices, pineapple, chickpeas, mushrooms, onion and homemade tomato sauce.
Spirulina smoothie bowl.
I made this tonight and it was so good! I used this recipe as a guide but used coconut oil instead of canola (did give it a faint coconut taste but I liked it) and sundried tomatoes instead of bell peppers. Oh and different noodles, obviously. 

Desserts:

These were tasty but not quite sweet enough. I used homemade chocolate though which I didn't quite make sweet enough so that could be why. Black bean truffles recipe here and chocolate recipe here.
This is Garden of Life chocolate protein powder mixed with frozen bananas to make "ice cream" plus pineapple. So good! I will say, I prefer the Vanilla Chia flavor for this brand though. The chocolate has a bit of a powdery taste. Vega One makes a much better chocolate!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...